Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Trip report 5/13-18th

I stayed at Bally's because we got a great deal. Some of the best poker was near by (or so I think), and was easy to walk to. While Bally's poker is mostly donk's, they only have a 1/2 NL game. This isn't bad, just a different game and the drink service is great. Their buffet is really good IMO. Anyhow I played the 1/2 several times, but that isn't where most of my money came from. I couldn't believe how weak 1/2 is in Vegas (if it was anything like Bally's). Before this trip I only played the low stakes limit games (how easy it was to win).

So I had done some homework before leaving and knew of the poker rooms nearby Bally's. After the first night I made my way over to the Bellagio poker room. Man, I love that room. While the games were tougher, any experienced tight/aggressive player is going to make money their. That is, at the 2-5NL games. I'm sure the 5/10 games and up are going to be tough all the time? Later that night I made my way over to Caesars. I like that room too. Their 2-5NL as you guys already know has a no limit buy-in. It was fun, and the competition seemed about the same vs. the Bellagio. After playing mostly at the Bellagio and Caesars I never did get a middle stakes limit game until the Mirage. The 10/20 was good stuff, and a change of pace from NL, I like both games. Later I played some 2-5 NL and it was real juicy.

While I won't go into detail about every night I was their, it was a win win experience for me. Actually the best part of the poker was at Caesars. The 2-5NL table I was at had lots of chips and cash. There was $100 bills in almost every pot, that was so cool. Then I would say seeing some of the pro's play the high stakes game at the Bellagio. Furthermore I got several signatures (OK I'm a geek, whatever). I even managed to get Sklansky's signature Thursday night before the "O" show (great show by the way). He was playing the 200/400 limit game.

I never made if over to the Wynn where I have been one time before, but never played because of the wait. That is also a really nice room.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Trip report 5/13-18th

cool man, and fyi 5-10NL has lots of weak players usually also, every game is alot softer than u could ever imagine after playing online
Old 05-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Good report. Nothing wrong with meeting and getting pics/autographs of the big name pros... Glad you had a good time. Bee there for 10 days shortly myself!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:16 PM

When I got Jennifer Harmons signature, she wasn't in a very good mood. I must have approached her in a good way. The next day I was playing there and noticed the dealer was one of the dealers for the high stakes game. He mentioned a hand Jennifer was in where she lost over a $100K pot. This is what happened, Harmon is in the BB, and Villian limps in. Flop comes 66J. Harmon has J6, and Villian has pocket aces. Turn is a blank, river is an ace.