Default Re: Strategy for going to prison

[ QUOTE ]

4. move back

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the one thing you can NEVER do.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 AM

You guys who don't want to run because you'll be facing worse sentences:

You say you need to train yourself to be able to kill/main somebody. Aren't there, I dunno, rules against that? Good luck trying to get out in 4.5 years...
Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. do something until the SOL runs, I'm thinking most of these places I could live like a king playing .01/.02 NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't work. Statute of Limitations time does NOT run when you have left/fled the jurisdiction. So, if you leave on Day 1 the day you return becomes Day 2.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:31 AM

American prisons suck so much ass comapared to Australian. In the highest security prison in victoria, each cell has a shower, toilet, tv. There is NO rape occuring, people often don't want to leave these places because it gaurantees them food/shelter.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys who don't want to run because you'll be facing worse sentences:

You say you need to train yourself to be able to kill/main somebody. Aren't there, I dunno, rules against that? Good luck trying to get out in 4.5 years...

[/ QUOTE ]

The people who say the first thing they'd do is kill the toughest guy in the prison are full of crap, and have been watching too many movies.

I'm in the camp of fleeing the country illegally and never looking back. Almost any life would be better than being in prison.

If I HAD to serve 4.5 years, I'd probably shoot for being isolated from the gen pop for the entire period. I'd spend the time by learning 3 or 4 new languages, reading extensively, and getting into absolutely sick shape.

If I had to be in gen pop, I suppose the only thing to do would be to start taking steroids, get as ripped as possible in 4 months, grow a beard and get a ton of tatts.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:15 AM

trap,

Im in the 'do the time' camp - but thats because if i ever end up inside its in minor security for something small - barring some travesty of justice or something nutso like using too much force defending myself from a junkie and killing the dude with my shoe.

Skipping is bad imo because you are cutting yourself off from everything in your previous life, you have the potential that any day you can have XYZ incident happen which they take your prints or DNA and you get busted and do the time anyway (probably 80% of the time across a full life if you are in your 20s - you will be caught the vast majority of the time). Plus you can never get really close to anyone or anything on the run. Its not the best sounding life to me.

Also, im not sure looking ripped and tatted like a biker is a solid survival strategy - id rather blend into the crowd than stand out.

As for killing some dude inside - if you have to, you need to have a good idea how to do it. Ideally you will do your time without incident and walk out no different from how you walked it.

Also, like i said, id have no problem doing half a decade talking to no one - ive just no idea how the rules work on solitary so you cant rely on that unless your a child molestor or something.

As far as statutes of limitation go, im pretty sure that only applies before the conviction - in other words if your never caught and tried you can get away, but if you are caught and convicted there is no statute of limitation.

So running before being caught is a solid strategy imo.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, im not sure looking ripped and tatted like a biker is a solid survival strategy - id rather blend into the crowd than stand out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is precisely the point of the tats, beard, and muscles. Have you ever seen a prison documentary? The white guys in there don't look like your standard, clean cut, preppy, Wall St. type. You're better off looking like a career criminal from a horrible upbringing than Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys, trust me.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Any of you seen the amazing documentary photobook of Russian prisoner' tattoos?

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignpris...sian_tats.html

Get some of these!

Join a gang. Start one.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:25 AM

Join the French Foreign Legion. I hear the foods pretty good.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
American prisons suck so much ass comapared to Australian. In the highest security prison in victoria, each cell has a shower, toilet, tv. There is NO rape occuring, people often don't want to leave these places because it gaurantees them food/shelter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be a reason why Australia is better than the US?