View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
Boosted - did OP rape your girlfriend? did he kill your dog? did he rob your mother? did he drive your car off a cliff?

You defended your point quite well in the last 300 posts and let's say for the sake of argument, that your technicalities would let you off the hook. The only thing we want to know is how can you be so cold hearted bastard. For [censored]'s sake, the man was doing you a favour non-profit and this is what he gets for it? Have you even for a second tried to imagine yourself in HIS situation? Is there anything right left in this world anymore?

Deep down we also know that if OP were to send you more money for this "make up" [censored], you'd donate it away just out of spite. The only times people try to help and end with a huge amount of money down is when they're getting scammed. And writing crap like "...opted out, our business is concluded" doesn't change anything. I suggest you re-read this whole thread again, and ask yourself if anybody would still wanna talk with you at the next PCA event.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we refrain from even viewing what BJ did through a compassionate light. What he did was out right dirty and he's a POS.

As far as street credentials go, you don't have to have any yourself to deal with this situation effectively. Just pay someone the right amount of money who DOES have street credentials and problem solved. I think BJ is probably lucky though because OP doesn't seem like the type to go that route. I sure as f*ck would, however.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would I give you $30k if you discontinued our staking agreement? I have to win money back within our stake for you to get any money, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone else smell a 10/20 25 buy in downswing for boosted coming?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 AM

Boosted I think your way to young not to be getting this guy his 30k back somehow. Hell send $500 a week for 2 yrs but get it back to him. Its not good to have enemies that young in life.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:40 AM

OP,
You definitely should've clarified the terms better. You can't just stake someone with makeback and not clarify the terms of the makeback.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:08 AM

It is 100% clear that OP had no idea what makeup is, but can read English and knows what "100% no risk" means. Or should mean. This looks like a clear scam to me, and OP should be demanding 60k. How boosted manages to pay this, on what timeframe, can be worked out. But there is a debt here and the blame rests squarely on boosted.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:41 AM

For someone who has said he doesn't like his name anywhere near controversy Boosted has gone out of his way to stay near it in his posts in this thread.

It's pretty clear from reading the thread that Boosted takes the stance that he converted the original 30K into a stake in his head and did next to nothing to clarify that to his "staker". In fact I would say he went out of his way to muddle that particular point with the 100 percent no lose guarantee statement.
At a minimum the original 30K loan was never clearly converted into a first part of a stake as sunk money.
I'll go even further to say that unless this money was actually in Boosted's account when this "renegotiation" took place one cannot even start to make a claim that it was converted.
If however Boosted will now state that it was converted and was still in the account I would like to know how much profit was retroactively "converted" along with it.
If you are going to argue that the original loan clearly was converted you had to have it to your name.
If you had it to your name and converted it how much converted profit was shipped to Filth so you could all start over from square one again under your new rules?

However Boosted's real problem may be his own language.
The "instead of loaning" can only be applied to the new 30K, and claiming otherwise is ridiculous. If Boosted meant instead of him OWING the previous loan he should have stated that. If you want to get caught up on technicalities that seems like a huge one. "Loaning" means to loan as a present act, not a previous act.

A fair chop on the messup clearly seems to be something north of 30K. And OP shouldnt have to stick around forever waiting for Boosted to decide to play it off.

Last- maybe it's just how I read it - but did Boosted really now claim again that since a new guy is in charge of the stake that he owes OP nothing? Because that may be the most ridiculous thing in the entire thread. You owe it to OP to start playing on good faith on whatever new staking arrangements you and your cronies may have conned him into.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:55 AM

what i know after knowing more than i used to is that most 2+2'ers don't have as much money as you'd think. most 2+2'ers lose a lot more on bad runs than you'd think. most poker players truly are degenerates. this isn't directed at boosted, but after scanning this thread it is a little bit.

filth i've loaned out money before to "respectable" people only to find out they were shady dudes, it's extremely stressful so i empathize with you. the worst part for me was the stress and the principle not even the money. i've also been ripped off for what was at the time a lot of money, it took a while to forget about, sorry and gl to you.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boosted - did OP rape your girlfriend? did he kill your dog? did he rob your mother? did he drive your car off a cliff?

You defended your point quite well in the last 300 posts and let's say for the sake of argument, that your technicalities would let you off the hook. The only thing we want to know is how can you be so cold hearted bastard. For [censored]'s sake, the man was doing you a favour non-profit and this is what he gets for it? Have you even for a second tried to imagine yourself in HIS situation? Is there anything right left in this world anymore?

Deep down we also know that if OP were to send you more money for this "make up" [censored], you'd donate it away just out of spite. The only times people try to help and end with a huge amount of money down is when they're getting scammed. And writing crap like "...opted out, our business is concluded" doesn't change anything. I suggest you re-read this whole thread again, and ask yourself if anybody would still wanna talk with you at the next PCA event.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we refrain from even viewing what BJ did through a compassionate light. What he did was out right dirty and he's a POS.

As far as street credentials go, you don't have to have any yourself to deal with this situation effectively. Just pay someone the right amount of money who DOES have street credentials and problem solved. I think BJ is probably lucky though because OP doesn't seem like the type to go that route. I sure as f*ck would, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a cofidence man picks a mark that would be part of his risk calculation. You don't think he's gonna pick someone who has been in prison for armed robbery or someone who has brutally beat someone before do you? He had this guy pegged as a friggin mark from jump. Probably even before he shiped the 12K to him following his win when OP had a piece of his action in a game. Now 'trust' is established and he screws him over for a larger sum down the road.

That's how all those old dudes who hustle lonely old ladies do it. Along with romancing her and fronting like he is wealthy, they front like they are a player with all sorts of business deals and ask the lady to do a favor like hold 5K ih her bank for him or something as part of some front money for a big profitable deal he has brewing. Then he gets her to put up 50K of her own money in order to get in on the deal. Then he disappears and is onto the next one.

boosted is a low-life POS now and everyone knows it. Be sure to spread the word. If there is no honor among poker players we are all screwed. You protect yourself by protecting your poker player neighbor. There is no formal police force to deal with POS scam artists, con men, and lying hustlers in the poker world. It is a job that we all need to do whether or not we happen to be the victim in any one particular situation, in order to protect ourselves as a whole. I hope everyone does their part!

I also wouldn't trust that a POS who would pull this would also not play teams, share hole cards, etc. How could you trust it?

Hell, if he approached me to sit in on a game because there's gonna be a juicy live one there the only thought going through my mind is that he's trying to set me up to be taken.

If he will cross this line how can you trust that he will not cross other lines?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 AM

boosted you still haven't specified what your take on the details of the deal is, but it looks like you thought OP was taking 100% of the risk for 50% of the action.

This is obv in no way '100% no loss' for OP

Also it's a much worse deal than OP got before, when he received 25% of you 200/400 profits for 25% of the risk.

In the chat you said 'that way i don't feel bad borrowing 30k from you'. Here you admit that at least 30k is a loan.

Therefore, to me, it looks like the deal was 50% of the risk for 50% of the profits, which means you owe OP 30K directly (as a loan) and 30k makeup (if OP chooses to continue the stake).

any other conclusion where one of the parties had 0% risk in this deal, whether it be booosted because he owes nothing now, or OP because he should get 60k back + 50% profit, is too profitable for one of the parties to be considered reasonable.

Pay him back 30k, discuss stake for the 30k, and you keep you deal + save what is left of your good name.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is looking more and more like a flat out con job, then a miscommunication.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread