Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Spewy Fullhouse?

Okay, so no stats or reads here.

First off, is it standard to call PF getting 5.5:1 five-handed?

Secondly, when do you slowdown with the fullhouse here?

Comments/criticism on each street would be nice here.

Pacific Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.48SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.24BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.24BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 14.24BB
Old 05-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Spewy Fullhouse?

Flop donk is weird...
Turn is ok; I'd C/C river.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:45 PM

What is standard on this kind of flop, playing OOP? I figured it's a good time for a bet-3bet for several reasons: 1) if I check, it gives the chance of check-check behind me (which obv. isn't good if I'm giving a free card to a flush draw). 2) If PFR was raising with an A, he's probably going to raise me, in which case it charges the player in between us more (esp. if he has a FD) and then I can 3bet.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:00 PM

I think bet/calling the river is a little thin; bet/3betting is spewing.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:34 PM

i ck call the river as well. ur up against pretty much 99 AA and AK 3 combos each or something like JT QJ of clubs which mite rule out AA AK or a bit less so 99 from u due to preflop. Either way ur probably not even money against his range and when u ck the river, 99 and those flush hands wont ck behind if they capped the turn.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM

turn 3-bet is the close decision in this hand. any action you put in after that point is ridiculous.

when he raises the turn, he usually has

aa (3)
ak (3)
99 (1)
qj/qt/jt clubs (3)

you're behind 6, ahead 4, so you need to add in ~8 club/Ax hands to get to the magic ~66% because most people aren't going to go tons of bets with just a flush here.

so against a good player, the turn 3-bet is really bad. against an unknown showing lots of action in his first hand, it shouldn't be too far from ev neutral. going 4 bets on the river is just insane, though