Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: OOT, help me - for the love of God (sad girl story)

Go OJ Simpson on her and her BF's ass. If you cant have her no one can.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:06 PM

I don't see any mixed messages. Seems like she wants you and is waiting for you to be a man about it. In fact, you effectively turned her down. If she's screwing this other guy, it's only because you failed her to give her what she was asking for and needed. Next time you get the chance, man up, don't say a word and kiss her, then see where it goes from there.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Tell her how you feel, tell her what you want. When she inevitably tells you she doesn't want that, then politely kick her out of your parent's back yard and/or move out of your parents house and start phase II of you life. This is a total layup.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:06 PM

It sounds to me like she is very much aware of how you feel about her and she is using that as a sort of "insurance." It's like she doesn't want to cut you all the way loose and maybe feels secure having you "available" just in case she decides her current bf isn't what she wants. Plus, she has a cheap place to stay.

I would start inviting girls over so this other one will notice. They don't need to be girlfriends in a romantic way, just friends. If she thinks that some other girl might claim you as her bf, this gal just might get worried about that and it would force her true feelings to come out.

I wouldn't be too quick to call what you feel for her as "love." It could be, because of your shyness and lack of a lot of experience and confidence, that you feel safe and secure around her. Branch out and date a few others. Then you will know for sure if it's really love or not.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM

This one is in the 'time to grow up a bit' category.

Kind of harsh of course. But I suspect the OP himself has some sort of thoughts about this too.

Hell, I'm 36 and there are many things about myself where I say, "time I grew up already" so I don't think it's THAT insulting.

Anyway, yeah...definitely move out.
Get some money somehow and do it.

Probably moving to a new town so you can start anew should be considered. Same town, same comfortability, same old rut.

You need to find a 'new, stronger you' or something like that. Get out there. Discover yourself.
I think switching to a new town and starting anew might be a good way to put all this baggage you have behind you and get on with your life.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 PM

I scroll down to the bottom and still see no pics so I can not give you any advice. Please post a picture of said girl and then I will share my foolproof wisdom.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read all the replies, but it sounds like you dropped the ball on some poon. She invites you for a drink, you don't readily accept and next thing you know the ex is stayin over. Sounds like the broad was horny and wanted to eff.

On another note you are 26, grow some balls for cryin out loud. I consider myself a pretty sentimental bastard, but even I found myself cringing at your OP. MOVE ON.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think having sex with this girl would be the last thing he needs. she is clearly desperate, but not so desperate that she will re-ignite this relationship in the way OP wants - they live in the same damn house. like marcellus wallace said, if you was gonna make it, you woulda made it by now.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would start inviting girls over so this other one will notice. They don't need to be girlfriends in a romantic way, just friends. If she thinks that some other girl might claim you as her bf, this gal just might get worried about that and it would force her true feelings to come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs to stop doing stuff to get validation from this girl. He needs to start doing stuff for himself instead.