Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good for you aggie. That's fine. It's a personal preference. I've loaned and staked over 20 high stakes players, I've also borrowed and loaned out to more than that, although I've never ever had a problem...It's common for a lot of people, you just happen to not be in the group of people who use staking and borrowing in common practice, which is perfectly fine, and leads to a little less complications.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's not so much that you're borrowing or getting staked. What amazes me is how little is discussed when these things happen. A staking arangement is a pretty complicated thing. I'm just shocked that neither of you thought it was important to discuss any details at all. You didn't discuss how long the arngement would last, what % of winnings the staker would get, how make-up would work, etc. And now you're both in a crappy spot. OP feels like he's getting screwed and Boosted feels like his rep is unjustly being tarnished......Guess what....It's your own fault!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not my fault. I was under the impression he understood everything, since we were talking virtually the whole day. And of course profits were talked about since I doubled our roll at first. We were sharing profits 50/50, how many times has this been said in the thread?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're very mature and you sound uber tough by e-thugging it implying violence. Anybody trying anthing violent towards me in this stage of my life right now would be truly terrible judgement on their part. BKHoldem, really do must have some sort of grudge being that your post count in this thread is so high, actually it might be more than mine or the OP's. I'm too lazy to count, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not like scammers or shady deal makers. I do not like people misleading other people in order to benefit. I do not like people then making excuses and trying to front that they had 'reasonable' intentions. I particularly don't like it in the poker world, it is one of the few things that burn my ass. Call it a flaw in my character, I am fine with that.

When I say if 'you' made some 100% no risk guarantee to my mom or my sister it is nothing personal against you, it would stand for just about anyone. 'You' are merely the example here, I am expressing my position for someone (you in this case) who makes that kind of assertion without clarifying it, particularly in light of the fact that it is clear he did not understand he was entering into a deal that might set him back another 100-200K or more in order to 'break even'. You don't know me and I am not stupid enoght to make some kind of public statement implying any kind of violence if I had any intentions of following through in the particular situation. But do not assume, my friend, that just because I am an e-person to you that I am harmless puppy dog with a big bark. I am pretty certain that you would crap your e-pants if you were in any number of the many colorful situations I have been in over the course of my life.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not my fault. I was under the impression he understood everything

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where we disagree. I think it's both of your faults that there was a misunderstanding and you're inability to admit to any fault in this situation is troubling.

If you thought that the aggreement was one thing and he thought that it was another who is to say that you are right? You both should have been more careful to make sure there weren't any misunderstandings.

You seem to be acting like a victim here with your 'OMG, my rep is being tarnished' attitude. I'm just trying to help you see that this messy situation could have been avoided.

FWIW you can still make things right and i don't think your rep is tarnished beyond repair.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BoostedJ,

There is alot of confusion here, but there are several things that are very clear.

1) Most people have a high opinion of your poker talents
2) You care deeply about your reputation in the poker community
3) The overwelming percentage of people reading this thread (including me) are of the opinion that you scammed the OP. That doesnt mean you did it intentionally. It means that he got the raw end of the deal.

Add #2 and #3 together and you should be making every attempt to fix the situation. You should go out of your way to publicly make the situation right. Now if you dont give a [censored] about what people think and you truly believe you did nothing wrong, then dont worry about it. But you obviously DO care what your peers think and they think you did something shady (even if it was unintentional), so you need to right the wrong.

Maybe youve already done righted the wrong since some deal was made with OP, but there also seems to be some question in peoples minds whether or not that deal was totally fair to OP. I dont know enough of the details to give an opinion on that so I wont.

PS..It seems a bit suspicious to me that you didnt want your name "outted" to the community. If you truly believed you were in the right, why would you care if anyone knew it was you? Or was it just that you didnt want anyone knowing you needed a stake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like my name around any sort of controversy regardless, because there's no good to it. Shady is a really bad term to use if it was unintentional(which if there was any wrong doing done, it was unintentional). Shady is when someone hides the truth and tries to scheme, and that's certainly NOT what I did. By the way, yoguh suggest the deal that we already agreed to. So what, am I going to get blamed for something he suggested now if people think it's unfair?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious he's not the sharpest tac in the box to begin with (no offense dude, maybe you were blinded by being a fan of a high stakes player or something). He was also negotiating under duress as it seems he was under the impression that he was getting nothing back. And since he was waking up to the realization that the '100% no risk deal' was gonna possibly bankrupt him (assming he doens't have a million to back you) it's not surprising he would make a deal to get whatever he could get back, 'something is better than nothing.'

Personally, I would like to know more details from OP about how the various events transpired, his experience 'backing' as compared to gambling by putting up money for 'taking a shot', the other details of the converstation to simply get a better idea of what went on.

If the deal is fair then it is fair. If it is not fair it is not fair.

However, if you made some '100% no risk guarantee' to my mom or my sister under these circumstances you would have BIG problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very mature and you sound uber tough by e-thugging it implying violence. Anybody trying anthing violent towards me in this stage of my life right now would be truly terrible judgement on their part. BKHoldem, really do must have some sort of grudge being that your post count in this thread is so high, actually it might be more than mine or the OP's. I'm too lazy to count, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, if you dont mind, can you elaborate on what stage of your life you are in at the moment?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not like scammers or shady deal makers. I do not like people misleading other people in order to benefit. I do not like people then making excuses and trying to front that they had 'reasonable' intentions. I particularly don't like it in the poker world, it is one of the few things that burn my ass. Call it a flaw in my character, I am fine with that.

When I say if 'you' made some 100% no risk guarantee to my mom or my sister it is nothing personal against you, it would stand for just about anyone. 'You' are merely the example here, I am expressing my position for someone (you in this case) who makes that kind of assertion without clarifying it, particularly in light of the fact that it is clear he did not understand he was entering into a deal that might set him back another 100-200K or more in order to 'break even'. You don't know me and I am not stupid enoght to make some kind of public statement implying any kind of violence if I had any intentions of following through in the particular situation. But do not assume, my friend, that just because I am an e-person to you that I am harmless puppy dog with a big bark. I am pretty certain that you would crap your e-pants if you were in any number of the many colorful situations I have been in over the course of my life .

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity, if you dont mind, can you elaborate on what stage of your life you are in at the moment?

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF, i've got to give it up to you. Any time any kind of scam or scandal breaks out on 2+2 i can always cound on you for a few laughs
Old 05-19-2007, 03:28 PM

boostedj,

do you think the staking deal was +EV for the OP. Could you estimate what exactly you thought the EV of the deal was for you and OP?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BoostedJ,

There is alot of confusion here, but there are several things that are very clear.

1) Most people have a high opinion of your poker talents
2) You care deeply about your reputation in the poker community
3) The overwelming percentage of people reading this thread (including me) are of the opinion that you scammed the OP. That doesnt mean you did it intentionally. It means that he got the raw end of the deal.

Add #2 and #3 together and you should be making every attempt to fix the situation. You should go out of your way to publicly make the situation right. Now if you dont give a [censored] about what people think and you truly believe you did nothing wrong, then dont worry about it. But you obviously DO care what your peers think and they think you did something shady (even if it was unintentional), so you need to right the wrong.

Maybe youve already done righted the wrong since some deal was made with OP, but there also seems to be some question in peoples minds whether or not that deal was totally fair to OP. I dont know enough of the details to give an opinion on that so I wont.

PS..It seems a bit suspicious to me that you didnt want your name "outted" to the community. If you truly believed you were in the right, why would you care if anyone knew it was you? Or was it just that you didnt want anyone knowing you needed a stake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like my name around any sort of controversy regardless, because there's no good to it. Shady is a really bad term to use if it was unintentional(which if there was any wrong doing done, it was unintentional). Shady is when someone hides the truth and tries to scheme, and that's certainly NOT what I did. By the way, yoguh suggest the deal that we already agreed to. So what, am I going to get blamed for something he suggested now if people think it's unfair?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious he's not the sharpest tac in the box to begin with (no offense dude, maybe you were blinded by being a fan of a high stakes player or something). He was also negotiating under duress as it seems he was under the impression that he was getting nothing back. And since he was waking up to the realization that the '100% no risk deal' was gonna possibly bankrupt him (assming he doens't have a million to back you) it's not surprising he would make a deal to get whatever he could get back, 'something is better than nothing.'

Personally, I would like to know more details from OP about how the various events transpired, his experience 'backing' as compared to gambling by putting up money for 'taking a shot', the other details of the converstation to simply get a better idea of what went on.

If the deal is fair then it is fair. If it is not fair it is not fair.

However, if you made some '100% no risk guarantee' to my mom or my sister under these circumstances you would have BIG problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather not say what has transpired around me in the past few weeks publicly. However, anyone that knows me personally knows this would be a very bad time to bother me in any way physically. Let's not get off on a tangent though.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:31 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kkf
Old 05-19-2007, 03:34 PM

i know justin thru many aim convos and meeting him in the PCA. i have trusted him many times w/ 5 figures of my own $, and would do it again. in all my dealings he's very standup and honest. ill prob read this thread at some point, but if anyone has personal issues w/ boosted, he has at least treated this HS player fairly & w/ respect.

this is yellowsub posting on tdomeski's acct
Closed Thread