Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:10 AM

Default $0.50/1 NL Poker Stars. KK turn decision Did the turn help me?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Villain (SB): $113.10</font>
BB: $75.15
UTG: $17.50
UTG+1: $95.00
MP1: $6.50
MP2: $58.85
MP3: $83.65
<font color="black">Jedi (CO): $102.35</font>
BTN: $100.40

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain - Been at the table for 2 orbits, about 24/15 in those hands. Didn\'t seem too donkish</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Jedi is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
4 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, <font color="red">Jedi raises to $5.00</font>, BTN folds, Villain calls $4.50, 2 folds

MP3 had been REALLY loose, so I thought about raising it even more, but he wound up folding pre-flop anyways.

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($12) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Villain checks, <font color="red">Jedi bets $8.00</font>, Villain calls $8.00

Well crap. Small card flop, but all of 1 color. I fired out a slightly 2/3 PSB here. Good?

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($28) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Villain checks, <font color="red">Jedi ???</font>

Okay, this turn card helped me for sure. If villain has a flush, then I just picked up 10 outs vs. him. Does he have the flush, or was he calling with the naked Ace of spades? What do I do in this spot?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: $0.50/1 NL Poker Stars. KK turn decision Did the turn help me?

I pot it and call a raise. Also, I dont think his range has to be a made flush or the ace of spades.

Btw what is your image?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I pot it and call a raise. Also, I dont think his range has to be a made flush or the ace of spades.

Btw what is your image?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only there for 2 orbits, but I didn't really play many hands. I took pots down after a pre-flop raise and standard c-bet vs. 2 loose players a couple of times, but at the time, I hadn't shown down any hands.

Now, let's say I do pot it and he raises me. I'm now down to $61 in a $112 pot. If I do call the raise (let's say it's a miniraise), I'm down to $33 in a $140 pot on the river. What's the point of leaving this money behind on the river? Is it to call a potential bluff if the villain misses? If villain was on a naked Ace flush draw, he's surely not putting any more money in this pot. If he has a smaller set, he's just as pot committed as I am on the turn. What's the value of calling a raise, rather than just pushing the rest of my chips in on the turn?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Old 05-19-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Btw what is your image?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only there for 2 orbits, but I didn't really play many hands. I took pots down after a pre-flop raise and standard c-bet vs. 2 loose players a couple of times, but at the time, I hadn't shown down any hands.

Now, let's say I do pot it and he raises me. I'm now down to $61 in a $112 pot. If I do call the raise (let's say it's a miniraise), I'm down to $33 in a $140 pot on the river. What's the point of leaving this money behind on the river? Is it to call a potential bluff if the villain misses? If villain was on a naked Ace flush draw, he's surely not putting any more money in this pot. If he has a smaller set, he's just as pot committed as I am on the turn. What's the value of calling a raise, rather than just pushing the rest of my chips in on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was assumunig if he raised your turn bet it would put you allin. If he min raises then shove the rest in.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:26 PM

I would bet about $25 here and call a shove from most players, tough with no reads though, but checking is definitely terrible.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet about $25 here and call a shove from most players, tough with no reads though, but checking is definitely terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I bet, he miniraised and of course I got the rest of my money in.

Results if you want it, but I just wanted a line check.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Everything looks fine to me. Unless he is extremely nitty i Would always be happy getting it in o n the turn here . dependign how you play and he play, one could even shove when checked to cause at this level some people will just call to gamble with teh As.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I bet, he miniraised and of course I got the rest of my money in.

Results if you want it, but I just wanted a line check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks fine to me.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems about right.