Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 08:28 AM

Default How you deal with 70/0/0.4 ppl?

Hi all!

Started to play some 6max until getting to higher games to learn shorthanded and blind play. So I'll be bugging you for a while. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have some trouble adjusting to wery loose passive players. How you deal with them? bat all the way A high or better unles they wake up?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:36 AM

Default Re: How you deal with 70/0/0.4 ppl?

Value bet them to death. Do not bluff them. Take free turn cards when you need them. Run when they raise.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:42 AM

Betting with just A-high seems a bit risky since guys like that might've caught bottom pair or so. They're really really easy to play. Just like in full ring...

When they bet, they have a hand. Otherwise you can full throttle. But i don't think you should go mad with anything less than top pair still. These guys could be calling you down with top pair etc. Just a dream opponent to play against. Sometimes they draw out on you but they wouldn't be playing if they didn't once in a while.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting with just A-high seems a bit risky since guys like that might've caught bottom pair or so. They're really really easy to play. Just like in full ring...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends. Some of these players won't fold the flop for one, but will fold the turn. In those situations I think you should bet ace-high, especially if you have two overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
When they bet, they have a hand. Otherwise you can full throttle. But i don't think you should go mad with anything less than top pair still. These guys could be calling you down with top pair etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should definitely bet with less than top pair, but if there are a couple of loose-passives hanging about at the river, I'll check behind sometimes, usually only if I have a read that they won't bet their ace-rag with an ace on board.