Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Mickey Mouse works for Hamas?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me, that the broadcasting of such material to young Palestinian minds, is similar to the type of attitude you might find in certain bible camps and churches, i.e. the one found in the documentary 'Jesus Camp'. 'Join God's army, or go to hell' = 'Fight for a Palestinian state, or don't get into paradise'.

Also the attitude that the entire Middle East should be obliterated, is no less aggressive than the opinion that a land that they believe to be theirs, be given back to them, by force if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's the same all right everyday you hear about someone wearing "I love Jesus" shirts strapping on a vest and walking into a BON-TON.

That comparison is so pathetic ugggg.... I don't even support the 'JESUS' crowd but that's the worst comparaison I ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because you've compared them incorrectly..

The I Love Jesus t shirt kid obviously goes with the I Love Mohamed t shirt kid.

The Strap on a vest and blow himself up kid goes with the Lets nuke the middle east/kill those Iraqi scum/all Muslims are terrorists/i love the crusades kid.

Only a small minority from each group will go onto form ideas on that level of hatred and actually do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there are tons of I love jesus boys strapping on vests.
I see in on the news everyday.

See the difference is this...

I love Jesus guy (IQ 95) While his religous ideas are a bit silly and annoying when trying to push his religion on you he's smart enough from growing up in a country with an education system and morals not to strap on a vest and blow himself up.

I love muuhamudd guy (IQ 54) no education, no future, brainwashed by the (I'm going to use muhammud to get people to do my bidding IQ 95 got his education overseas radical muslim) straps on a vest duped into thinking a bunch of women are going to like him in heaven when he blows up.

NO I THINK I GOT IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!

I don't blame America at all either. We spend billions every year giving food and aid to countries around the world that would rather spit on us. But we still do it anyway. Even when I think the normal taxpayer would vote to pull all our aid away to these bloodsucking countries who would rather build bombs them farms.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough to argue with that kind of ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't talk that way to Bill O'Reilly...
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me, that the broadcasting of such material to young Palestinian minds, is similar to the type of attitude you might find in certain bible camps and churches, i.e. the one found in the documentary 'Jesus Camp'. 'Join God's army, or go to hell' = 'Fight for a Palestinian state, or don't get into paradise'.

Also the attitude that the entire Middle East should be obliterated, is no less aggressive than the opinion that a land that they believe to be theirs, be given back to them, by force if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's the same all right everyday you hear about someone wearing "I love Jesus" shirts strapping on a vest and walking into a BON-TON.

That comparison is so pathetic ugggg.... I don't even support the 'JESUS' crowd but that's the worst comparaison I ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because you've compared them incorrectly..

The I Love Jesus t shirt kid obviously goes with the I Love Mohamed t shirt kid.

The Strap on a vest and blow himself up kid goes with the Lets nuke the middle east/kill those Iraqi scum/all Muslims are terrorists/i love the crusades kid.

Only a small minority from each group will go onto form ideas on that level of hatred and actually do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there are tons of I love jesus boys strapping on vests.
I see in on the news everyday.

See the difference is this...

I love Jesus guy (IQ 95) While his religous ideas are a bit silly and annoying when trying to push his religion on you he's smart enough from growing up in a country with an education system and morals not to strap on a vest and blow himself up.

I love muuhamudd guy (IQ 54) no education, no future, brainwashed by the (I'm going to use muhammud to get people to do my bidding IQ 95 got his education overseas radical muslim) straps on a vest duped into thinking a bunch of women are going to like him in heaven when he blows up.

NO I THINK I GOT IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!

I don't blame America at all either. We spend billions every year giving food and aid to countries around the world that would rather spit on us. But we still do it anyway. Even when I think the normal taxpayer would vote to pull all our aid away to these bloodsucking countries who would rather build bombs them farms.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough to argue with that kind of ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't talk that way to Bill O'Reilly...

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer listining to Savage.. Thank you
Old 05-15-2007, 03:37 PM

What I find most shocking is that they couldn't figure out which hand the gloves were supposed to go on.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:04 PM

An article in the Guardian highlights the flawed translation of this segment and gives some background on MEMRI (the organization that provided the translation.)

This "creative" translation is strikingly similar to the "wiped off the map" mistranslation of Ahmadinejad in 2006.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:09 AM

bdk3clash,

I'm not even remotely surprised that they deliberately mistranslated this. Calling people racist is the new racism.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM

Default \"mistranslation\"

The apparent mistranslation does not change the central issue which is that Hamas uses disgraceful means to influence the minds of its people and that they also heavily target children.

The word "annihilate" is disputed but the reasons were that the word wasnt clear. Arabic is a much less precise language and there are many words that could have essentially the same meaning. In addition, if they had said that word, it would be entirely consistent and totally unsurprising as this aim is explicitly stated in all their material and charters and has been openly stated by Hamas countless times. It is basically their purpose.

The other issues essentially debate the implications of common words. The meaning of "resist" in Hamas talk is clearly to actively attack Israel and Hamas are nothing if not active. This is the standard Palestinian term for the war against Israel. Hamas' attacks on Israel have largely been suicide bombings.

Yes, the word martyr (shahid) could mean to be killed, but the obvious connection would be to be killed in an operation against the "Jews" - Israel. Hamas loudly encourages children to seek to become martyrs as the highest achievement and a service to the Palestinian people and to Islam.

In any case, im sure we agree that the use of mickey mouse and the conversation as reported by the (also highly biased) Guardian is extremely disturbing if that was the case and that the landslide election of Hamas by the Palestinian people has made any chance of peace even more remote.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: \"mistranslation\"

goater,

I'm sure you think that any newspaper that reports facts that don't square easily with your manichean worldview is biased. Good thing you can just watch fox news 24/7 and not have to think too hard.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Snowball,

Im a little surprised by your response. What exactly do you dispute in my post? The Guardian is clearly disputing the implications of words - how the average Palestinian would construe the meanings and what the words mean in Palestinian society today. However, I dont think that this changes the thrust of the message - even if you accept the Guardian's translation.

Do you think it is wrong for Hamas to use mickey mouse and to encourage children to "spill their blood" for Islam and Palestine, or do you think that their time would be better spent educating them to seek a non-violent solution?

Do you not accept that Hamas is openly committed to Israels destruction and that it seeks to do this through violence? If you accept this, do you not agree that this is a blow to the chances for peace?

I just dont understand what you found so offensive in my post. The Guardian is a very left wing newspaper and is consistently anti-Israel - this is not a revelation and is simply common knowledge - maybe you just didnt know this? I agree that Fox News is a right wing news station, just as the Guardian is a left wing one - you clearly think that Fox skews the facts one way, I say the Guardian also does the other way. So what? - no problem. I am just amazed that people would bend over backwards to try to put a positive spin on this shameful abuse of children by an organisation openly committed to genocide. If your hatred of Israel and blind love of the Palestinians is so strong that you would do this, I suppose discussing this further is futile.

Their is no need to be insulting regarding my post which simply laments the facts that Hamas are committed to Israel's destruction, they encourage children to seek death, they consider suicide bombings legitimate resistance, etc... That surely moves peace farther away does it not? Or, do you believe that Israel should be actually destroyed and that this is the only way that their would be peace for Palestinians? If you believe this, I suppose we have nothing to talk about...
Old 05-19-2007, 07:03 AM

Goater, snowball is a fringe as they get, responding is useless.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:18 AM

Hi Copernicus, im getting that sense from his reply. Just strange that he appears to not consider Hamas to be what they are - and what they openly and unashamedly claim to be. If he supports the Hamas position - that the whole of Israel is Palestinian and should be "liberated" by violence and that no compromise is acceptable - then he should just say so. Why not be honest?

But that would of course be damning Palestians and Israels to endless bloodshed that is more destructive to the Palestinians he obviously supports than Israel. With support like that, the palestinians will never have a state of their own...