Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about your fellow golfers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It bothers me when people get mad that I hit into their group because they are slow.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be more of a problem for me as opposed to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

*That statement applies only on par 3's
Old 05-19-2007, 12:18 AM

Two things:

1. People who use their cell phones on the course, particularly in the middle of a hole.

2. People from other groups waiting for their tee time who stand on the first tee with my group while I'm teeing off. If you're not in my group, get off my tee. Go to your cart and make the call on your cell phone that you'll instead make in the middle of the 8th hole.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I can't stand being crowded on the tee. I like to stand behind the ball, envision the shot, then walk up into position. But so many players insist on standing directly behind you on the tee(facing the fairway/green). Standing on another players line is poor etiquette and the line extends from the ball to the flag and beyond both.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few people have said this and I honestly don't understand it. How do you even notice somebody standing behind you when you are hitting? People stand behind me all the time and I can't think of anytime I even noticed them being there while hitting let alone them actually distracting me.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who spend too long looking for obviously lost balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone told me to stop looking for a lost ball I'd punch them in the face. Spending 40 bucks on a round of golf is bad enough now I can't look for the balls that cost me 30 bucks...

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, $30 a ball, are they made from diamonds? Stop being such a tight arse, your ball's lost, get a move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may golf like mays but you read like crap...

balls that cost me 30 bucks

Yes I lose about 10 balls a round and when i go on a big golf trip to Myrtle Beach or Ocean City blah blah I lose about a box a round.

You are truly the person I like to hit down on. I'm a horrible horrible golfer but wrapping a 9 iron around some geeky payne stewart clothes wearing twit makes up for the 135 I shoot.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
govman, you're okay with people waiting for greens to clear that they obviously can't reach, you would punch someone in the face if they told you to stop looking for a ball that you obviously won't find, and you encounter metal spikes often enough to be annoyed by it. What bizarro world do you live in?

[/ QUOTE ]

See most of the people in this thread sound like good golfer's who live in nice golf areas.

I used to live in NE PA ( 5 min from Glenmaura )can't afford to play there. So my close options are courses like the Marjon where par 4's are drivable if you can poke the ball 320 off the tee.

Considering the course is called the rock (Balls roll an extra 50 yards due to the coursed concrete like nature. a 320 yard drive can go even further.

So Waiting off the tee is standard practice because with the roll some women can drive the ball 300.

So yes I wait. And pasture course's like these don't care what kind of spikes you wear.

People who golf on courses like these don't care about score or your pretty swing we go to drink beer and hack it up. So whiny golf guys trying to shoot a 32 are frowned upon and threatened when they whine about ettiquette.

It'w not a bizzaro world it's just the underprivledeged world of golf.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People that wait for the green to clear for their 290 yard approach over water into the wind from a divot after they ripped the best drive of their life 230.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN lol
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 AM

People that tally their scores on the 18th green while you are waiting to hit...
Old 05-19-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who spend too long looking for obviously lost balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone told me to stop looking for a lost ball I'd punch them in the face. Spending 40 bucks on a round of golf is bad enough now I can't look for the balls that cost me 30 bucks...

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, $30 a ball, are they made from diamonds? Stop being such a tight arse, your ball's lost, get a move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may golf like mays but you read like crap...

balls that cost me 30 bucks

Yes I lose about 10 balls a round and when i go on a big golf trip to Myrtle Beach or Ocean City blah blah I lose about a box a round.

You are truly the person I like to hit down on. I'm a horrible horrible golfer but wrapping a 9 iron around some geeky payne stewart clothes wearing twit makes up for the 135 I shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

calm down fella.

you don't read too well either. Have a look at what I posted. Key phrases are 'too long' and 'obviously lost'.

punching people in the face or hitting them with a 9 iron is a clear breach of etiquette btw....
Old 05-19-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
morons who dont know that letting people play through is beneficial to everyone on the course

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

WINNER!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that does win, but I also thought it was kind of obvious. Not to the people not letting people through though, I guess.

One time my brother and I were playing as a twosome (this is at Brown Deer in Coralville, IA, for those familiar with it). On about the 14th hole we came upon a foursome that was heinously slow. There was clearly nobody in front of them. Clearly. Yet they just kept plodding along. My response, however immature, was to slam on the breaks and squeal on the pavement when stopping, or to stand in the middle of the fairway and glare at them.

This whole thing reached its nadir on the 17th hole, a par-3 that goes quite a ways downhill. I was having a great round prior to running into those douchebags, and I was annoyed that they were taking me out of my happy place. So I took out a driver and started pounding balls over their head into the pond behind the hole. NOW they paid attention to me, confronting me when I came up to the green and telling me they were going to turn me in. I basically told them to STFU, that I was visiting from another state anyway, and they were the ones that started it by forcing our pace to a crawl and not letting us play through.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you consider asking them if you could play through?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you consider asking them if you could play through?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't recall ever getting into a position where that was possible, i.e. not sure we ever got to the next teebox while they were still there. They definitely knew we were there though, I recall them looking back at least once during my tire squealing tantrums. The course was literally empty except for us. I guess we could have just gone back and played a couple of holes to buy us some space, but I'm stubborn and I think that was a factor.