Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: The Bay Area is grrrreat

[ QUOTE ]
wow, Nash seemed really pissed about those suspensions in his post game interview. Surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't see it , but can't blame the guy - after game 4 they had all the momentum, and HC advantage back, and were the better team, and it all evaporated in an incident not even part of the series. He should have called Stern out if he didn't.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:28 AM

For tuq, and my own pain & suffering:

1986 - Mavs lose to Lakers in conference semis in 6 games, four of which were decided by four points or less.

1987 - Mavs win first division title, and then get knocked out in the first round by the Dale Ellis led Sonics. Ellis was a Maverick earlier in the year. (Or previous year, can't quite remember).

1988 - Mavs have two All-Stars in Mark Aguirre and James Donaldson, Blackman narrowly misses, and Roy Tarpley wins 6th man of the year. They choke a bit down the stretch to lose the division title, but end up beating the Rockets in the first round and the division winning Nuggets in the 2nd. In Game 4 (I think) of the WCF, Derek Harper has the ball with the game tied, and dribbles out the clock, thinking Dallas was up 1. We lose the game in OT, and lose the series in 7 to a stacked Laker team. The next season, Tarpley is suspended, Detlef and Aguirre are traded, team starts downward spiral that leads into the [censored] that was the 90s.

2003: Mavs win 60 games, make it to the WCF, and Dirk gets knocked out of the series in Game 3. A gutty effort in Game 5 keeps them alive, and the Mavs take a double digit lead into the 4th quarter of Game 6, only to have SJax and Kerr dash their hopes.

I won't go into 06 and 07, everyone knows.

I feel your pain, tuq, Mavs have had plenty of heartbreak. Dallas sports over the past 12 months have been ri-goddamn-diculous.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's some pretty awful bolding td. Try including the words just past that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, that was obv an accident, I meant to bold all the way to the 6.

[ QUOTE ]
Suns take game 3 in 3OT. Next game, Jordan has to score like 55 to pull out a late Bulls victory. Game 5, Suns win yet another on the road, a must-win game that they take fairly easily. Game six, they completely dominate the Bulls in the fourth quarter only to lose by one on the Paxson shot.

Yes, they were clearly the better team in that series the last four games. It was spotting the first two home games against the two-time defending champions that was their downfall.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say Pho was clearly better than Chi in the last 4 games which doesn't make any sense. The first of these 4 great games it took them 3 OT's to win, sure it was a road win...so was Chicago's game 6 win--do they cancel each other out or something. Well no, it is just a close game is all and isn't "clearly" anything. Pho, "clearly" one one game in that series and Chicago had that series in their hand the entire time, I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. I remember watching that series and thinking Pho has no chance, not one time did I ever think Pho had any chance at all.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For tuq, and my own pain & suffering:

1986 - Mavs lose to Lakers in conference semis in 6 games, four of which were decided by four points or less.

1987 - Mavs win first division title, and then get knocked out in the first round by the Dale Ellis led Sonics. Ellis was a Maverick earlier in the year. (Or previous year, can't quite remember).

1988 - Mavs have two All-Stars in Mark Aguirre and James Donaldson, Blackman narrowly misses, and Roy Tarpley wins 6th man of the year. They choke a bit down the stretch to lose the division title, but end up beating the Rockets in the first round and the division winning Nuggets in the 2nd. In Game 4 (I think) of the WCF, Derek Harper has the ball with the game tied, and dribbles out the clock, thinking Dallas was up 1. We lose the game in OT, and lose the series in 7 to a stacked Laker team. The next season, Tarpley is suspended, Detlef and Aguirre are traded, team starts downward spiral that leads into the [censored] that was the 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were like 2 years old here, right?

/Sharing in the heartbreak, but Mavs fans have nothing on the Suns. As much as I hate that team, that franchise is the cursed franchise of the NBA, and it's not close. No one else should even complain.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ROFL, what? surprising?

[/ QUOTE ]he came across as petty. I was surprised.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Bob,

I have my mom's "Beat LA" shirt hanging on my wall in my old room from 88'.

The 03' Dirk injury broke my heart.

These last two years have been so tough to be a Dallas fan in general...Romo fumble, Stars collapse last year and their 7 game battle of the goalies this year, obv Mavericks need no explanation and then the Rangers eliminated in Spring Training both years.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:38 AM

ugh, tdarko, Seattle has been right there as well.

Sometime within the next 2 years a team from Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, or Dallas needs to win something so all of us can STFU.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:40 AM

TSC,

I think the world will explode before one of these teams win. =(
Old 05-19-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The 03' Dirk injury broke my heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

People not from Dallas forget about this injury way too much, but Dallas was (statistically) the best team in the NBA that year, and still believe a healthy Dallas beats a healthy SA that year most of the time. I remember watching game 6 w/ my brother and he almost started crying when Kerr came in because he knew it was over. Pain. Just pain.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:48 AM

ThomasP,

When he went down I think I said, "Oh please God get up," about thousand times. Maybe I should have said, "Oh please DIRK get up"?

That was the first time I actually thought Dallas had a chance against the big boys, like they belonged with the big boys. It is funny you bring up Kerr b/c I was at a bar and the entire bar starts yelling, "ahhh [censored] its over." Haha.