View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
Justin was saying that he'd feel bad borrowing 30k. This way, he doesn't feel bad (because he isn't borrowing 30k). It seems fairly clear to me, your misspelled vulgarity aside. If that doesn't clarify matters for you, maybe this'll do the trick:

[ QUOTE ]
him: instead of loaning me money
him: would you like some of my action and just BR me on FTP until I get my funds released?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it make its way through your skull yet, "biotch"? INSTEAD OF LOANING ME MONEY means "How about not making this a loan, and doing something else (a stake) with it instead?" This is what OP agreed to. Your logic and reading comprehension here are woefully lacking, "biotch".

[/ QUOTE ]

Dragon is correct. It's a clear case of OP not understanding wtf was going on. Boosted CLEARLY asked for their arrangement to be changed from a loan to a stake. Wtf is so hard to understand? The word "makeup" throws OP off which is clearly why he's so confused (and many of you I'm sure).

The only thing that Boosted owes is the makeup that he promised as part of the stake. It's very simple.

And just because OP thinks that Boosted misled him when it was his own god damn fault that he misunderstood in the first place. OP was too stupid to ask questions about things he didn't understand. Just because OP didn't understand the terms of the deal doesn't mean that Boosted screwed him. It was a staking deal and OP didn't udnerstand it.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand how the OP could possibly think boosted was going to be giving him a 50% freeroll on top of paying back the "loan".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's pretty clear that is what he thought as evidenced in the quoted chat.

And another thing:

If 'everyone knows what makeup means' why the need to follow it up with "100% risk free to you' ??? What's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

youre retarded if you think anything in this world is risk free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that retarded people are more likely to be screwed over or taken advantage of than non retarded people.

It looks like that is what he thought:

him: stake me and I'll provide makeup if I lose
him: that way it's 100% no loss for you
me: whoa
me: what's in it for you though?

It is clear from reading this he has no idea boosted means he will allow him to restake him to recoup his losses

And what's up with the jumping up in stakes? Did he just have a mental breakdown and think a multi millionare was staking him??? LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 10:02 PM

Okay this whole thing started out because we were both thinking of different things.

I took 25% of boosted's action at 200/400 once and he sent me 12k 30 minutes later. I didn't even send him one penny to begin with. Mind you, that's the only time I've done that kind of thing before.

This issue is solved. Neutrality is staking him with 50k at 10/20 on ftp and stars and I will get weekly payments of profits until I get 30k. I hope this will restore boosted's credit with the people who may question him now. It will for me when I get 30 back.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:06 PM

I don't really understand what makeup is so when I first read this I thought it was pretty clear Boosted owes you 30k (I mean cmon, saying 100% risk free is pretty damn clear, and at the very least really misleading). After reading it more carefully I guess it looks like he definitely owes you the first $30k and you can give him the chance for $30k in makeup or something? Whatd you guys decide?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And just because OP thinks that Boosted misled him when it was his own god damn fault that he misunderstood in the first place. OP was too stupid to ask questions about things he didn't understand. Just because OP didn't understand the terms of the deal doesn't mean that Boosted screwed him. It was a staking deal and OP didn't udnerstand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if these guys are/were close enough that they had engaged in other types of loaning/staking in the past, then i would think boosted would have a pretty clear idea just what the op does and doesn't know wrt such subjects. therefore, the responsibility to be completely clear about what the specifics are falls on boosted. the fact that he further qualified his requests by saying things such as "100% risk free" or whatever, means that on some level he knew that op didn't quite understand what was going on. just because op may have acted in a way that lacked savvy, that does not absolve boosted of being a responsible guy and friend by explaining the situation to the letter up front. you are coming really close to using "dumb people get what they deserve" as some sort of basis for argument, and that is gross.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 PM

Solution: Provide makeup of like 25k. Terms only play a level he has 25 buyins for. When he makes 25k, he'll play 10-20 to speed up the process. If he starts off slow, he has to move down to 3-6, etc. If he 12 tables, should make up pretty quickly.

Can't provide makeup, then get staked for it giving away a cut.

Normally I would say makeup should occur only at 25-50, or w/e the stakes were at first but since on both sides their was some misunderstanding you gotta compromise.

Now, if he gives booostedj make up money, booostedj is costing himself money by not just paying it up front as he's wasting his own time he could of been playing cash games. But I understand he's owned some money, so he's short on cash atm.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Justin was saying that he'd feel bad borrowing 30k. This way, he doesn't feel bad (because he isn't borrowing 30k). It seems fairly clear to me, your misspelled vulgarity aside. If that doesn't clarify matters for you, maybe this'll do the trick:

[ QUOTE ]
him: instead of loaning me money
him: would you like some of my action and just BR me on FTP until I get my funds released?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it make its way through your skull yet, "biotch"? INSTEAD OF LOANING ME MONEY means "How about not making this a loan, and doing something else (a stake) with it instead?" This is what OP agreed to. Your logic and reading comprehension here are woefully lacking, "biotch".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you can not assume he is retroactively talking about the first 30K. It was not specified. He acknowledged he borrowed 30K. He did not state new terms where that loan changed into something else.

You can't assume that OP is supposed to know what makeup means because it means one thing to high stakes players and something else to the rest of the ENTIRE WORLD and then turn around and try to sweep his reference to the loan.

If his stating 'makeup' is supposed to indicate a certain staking deal, loan is most assuredly supposed to mean loan.

If boosted intended to turn the loan that he agreed to intos something else he needed to specify this clearly. The whole thing is pretty shady to begin with and it is clear that OP got bamboozled. The only question is whether boosted owes the entire 60K right now or if he only owes 30K with the obligation to play makeup for the other 30K at OP's option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you stupid? Of course OP should be familliar with the term "makeup" before he agrees to do it. Please stop posting in this thread for your own sake as well as our own, thanks.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:41 PM

I also think it's harsh to call him dirt and a scum bag since he honestly seems to want to make up the money to me. We'll see if that happens and when it does, I'll make a post to let you guys know he's an honest and sincere guy.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, that numerous people(posters on this forum) have trusted me with $100k-500k and have never had any sort of problems, MULTIPLE PEOPLE, just trying to repair any damage this did to my A+ credibility obviously. I literally have most of the regular HSNL people on my buddylist and hopefully if any of them are reading this, they keep in mind that I've always done right by them and not be skewed by implications in this particular situation and that if you have any questions you are more than welcome to PM or AIM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no problems with you at all, but you are completely misguided to think that OP doesnt have a reason to be pissed off. I do not understand how you can make a ridiculous guarantee of no risk and just say its a big misunderstanding. It seems to me that the only person that incurred zero risk in this situation is boosted. If u win everyone is happy and eveyrthing is great, but if you lose "thanks for the stake bud sorry it didnt work out and sorry for any misunderstanding"
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 PM

Phil this is like the 10th time you've gotten [censored] staking someone. You should just stop.
Closed Thread