Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Old Party 10-20 Winners

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather not share my usernames, but I'm playing lower than I used to. Party didn't get the majority of my play, but I still got tens of thousands of hands in at Party's 10/20 6max, maybe even more than that. I'd been taking shots at slightly higher limits for a while, and moved up to mostly 15/30 and 20/40 in August. Then disaster struck.

In October just after UIGEA happened I hit a close to 500 big bet downswing. I lost about 800 bets on Stars alone, but won everywhere else. I didn't play much for the next few months as I still had a decent amount of money saved up and felt like I need to regroup. During this time I lost over a small sample of hands.

Things got worse when Neteller happened, and I had some unexpected personal expenses, but the cherry-bomb on top was when I ran into tax problems stemming from hiring an incompetent accountant who screwed up my taxes. After all this my bankroll was almost wiped out.

Now I'm super-grinder. I get in close to 40 hours a week multi-tabling mostly 5/10 and 3/6 6max. A month and a half ago I was almost broke, but now I'm pretty much rolled for 10/20. I'm being a little risk averse with my bankroll as I'm still a little shell shocked over getting killed at Stars, Neteller, and getting bent-over by Uncle Sam. The games aren't nearly as tough as people make them out to be, and I'll be back up to my old limits by the time the World Series is in full swing come June.

I just realized how long this was, hope I didn't bore anyone to death...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, lol.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:36 AM

this is my favorite nvg post ever
Old 05-18-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is my favorite nvg post ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, forgot what forum I was in. At least you got some enjoyment out of it, I thought the whole things was pretty boring by the time I finished typing it all out.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather not share my usernames, but I'm playing lower than I used to. Party didn't get the majority of my play, but I still got tens of thousands of hands in at Party's 10/20 6max, maybe even more than that. I'd been taking shots at slightly higher limits for a while, and moved up to mostly 15/30 and 20/40 in August. Then disaster struck.

In October just after UIGEA happened I hit a close to 500 big bet downswing. I lost about 800 bets on Stars alone, but won everywhere else. I didn't play much for the next few months as I still had a decent amount of money saved up and felt like I need to regroup. During this time I lost over a small sample of hands.

Things got worse when Neteller happened, and I had some unexpected personal expenses, but the cherry-bomb on top was when I ran into tax problems stemming from hiring an incompetent accountant who screwed up my taxes. After all this my bankroll was almost wiped out.

Now I'm super-grinder. I get in close to 40 hours a week multi-tabling mostly 5/10 and 3/6 6max. A month and a half ago I was almost broke, but now I'm pretty much rolled for 10/20. I'm being a little risk averse with my bankroll as I'm still a little shell shocked over getting killed at Stars, Neteller, and getting bent-over by Uncle Sam. The games aren't nearly as tough as people make them out to be, and I'll be back up to my old limits by the time the World Series is in full swing come June.

I just realized how long this was, hope I didn't bore anyone to death...

[/ QUOTE ]

genius, just genius...
Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A month and a half ago I was almost broke, but now I'm pretty much rolled for 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistics please.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's talking about limit, rolled for 10/20 limit = 10k? not 100k or w/e like for nl

[/ QUOTE ]

20-40k is more like it, if playing 6-max.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A month and a half ago I was almost broke, but now I'm pretty much rolled for 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistics please.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's talking about limit, rolled for 10/20 limit = 10k? not 100k or w/e like for nl

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

40k to play 10-20 limit? HAHAHAHHAHHAHA
Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because who cares about limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure he dont care either
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Why do people still care about this?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistics please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron Bartley said you need like 2k max. Anyone can just grind 4 tables of 10/20 for 2ptbb/100. Its easy!