Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When considering hands for low purposes only (and with no qualifier on low) which is the better low
Player A with AA234 30 57.69%
Player B with KK234 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Dare I say it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i was just saying that I thought the MTT forum (even with its faults) was pretty unparalleled compared to the other forums online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but do not be afraid to improve upon a success.

[ QUOTE ]
it'd be like making an improvement to the statue of liberty

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen the Statue of Liberty in person but I think that comparison is a bit of a stretch. i.e. "FRIST HAND IN WSOP YOU HAVE AA CALL 5 ALLIN?!?!??!!", "I HAVE AK AND THE BIG STACK AT THE TABLE, FOLD PREFLOP ON 1ST PAY BUBBLE??!?!!"

Etc.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in favor of the split, I just thought Justin's comment was kinda funny.

And I'm guessing you also have never been to P5s either. I used the Statue of Liberty example not because this forum is so awesome, but to define the gap between this and next best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Evg,
I agree MTTs is not nearly as bad. However, this will become a different version of it. With less clutter. Which should help us retain our most valuable posters.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM

Justin can you kinda address this more.. why not just do it traditional style? that's been succesful everywhere else. (i just mean the NL forusm really)

This seemes like it's just taking away the mod's 'job'. they're in my mind supposed to just make sure the appropriate threads are in the forum and that anyone trolling/whatever gets warned/dealt with. If you dont want to just do that, why not just let someone who reads it more often do it? This seems counter-intuitive; we want to make sure theres good discussion and get new posters from wherever, but now we're gonna make it invite only? .. i dunno, i just dont get the reason to change from normal..
Old 05-18-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you said to respond to it in this thread

i responded to it. since i disagree with it, im childish, unreasonable, and a troll

that makes plenty of sense

[/ QUOTE ]
I am sorry you dont understand how you are coming off. It is your right to disagree. Vehemently even. However, back up your arguments with more then anecdotal evidence and present them in an intelligent format.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i was just saying that I thought the MTT forum (even with its faults) was pretty unparalleled compared to the other forums online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but do not be afraid to improve upon a success.

[ QUOTE ]
it'd be like making an improvement to the statue of liberty

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen the Statue of Liberty in person but I think that comparison is a bit of a stretch. i.e. "FRIST HAND IN WSOP YOU HAVE AA CALL 5 ALLIN?!?!??!!", "I HAVE AK AND THE BIG STACK AT THE TABLE, FOLD PREFLOP ON 1ST PAY BUBBLE??!?!!"

Etc.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in favor of the split, I just thought Justin's comment was kinda funny.

And I'm guessing you also have never been to P5s either. I used the Statue of Liberty example not because this forum is so awesome, but to define the gap between this and next best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Evg,
I agree MTTs is not nearly as bad. However, this will become a different version of it. With less clutter. Which should help us retain our most valuable posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

retaining the same posters while not allowing new ones will only cause the population to go down over time

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed a great opportunity to mention the poor, the tired, and the huddled masses of MTTf .
Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
retaining the same posters while not allowing new ones will only cause the population to go down over time

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop making baseless predictions. Head over to ElDiablo forum down the street and see that it's pretty vibrant despite (or more likely because of) restristed posting rights.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop making baseless predictions. Head over to ElDiablo forum down the street and see that it's pretty vibrant despite (or more likely because of) restristed posting rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a social forum. even if it isnt, i dont care to look

so youre saying that if you keep 100 members, theyll never leave? not a single one?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin can you kinda address this more.. why not just do it traditional style? that's been succesful everywhere else. (i just mean the NL forusm really)

This seemes like it's just taking away the mod's 'job'. they're in my mind supposed to just make sure the appropriate threads are in the forum and that anyone trolling/whatever gets warned/dealt with. If you dont want to just do that, why not just let someone who reads it more often do it? This seems counter-intuitive; we want to make sure theres good discussion and get new posters from wherever, but now we're gonna make it invite only? .. i dunno, i just dont get the reason to change from normal..

[/ QUOTE ]
Ray,
Take a leap of faith here. I think it will be worth it. This is a way to get the forum off on the right foot, if it seems to be quelling a lot of the drivel that we currently see. The requirements to take part in the new forum will not be stringent and it is mainly a backup to make sure the forum stay on course. It is, in a sense, doing some of the moderating automatically but we will still be very active in keeping things going.

I will also venture to say that people getting left out or small stakes players will strive to be invited to this forum so it should, in a sense, prop up the MTTs forum too, which is a big part of why I am doing this. Recognition is a very powerful motivator, even in our little internet community. I am banking on the fact that this continues to be a truism.
~Justin
Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so youre saying that if you keep 100 members, theyll never leave? not a single one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says that it will have a frozen base? Posters worthy of adding will be added.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a social forum. even if it isnt, i dont care to look

[/ QUOTE ]
"If I examine your evidence, it might refute my argument!"

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you think the list is static?
Closed Thread