Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: River spot early in stars 320

[ QUOTE ]
Me + Che FTW

[/ QUOTE ]

What does FTW mean? I am so out of it these days. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

FWIW I have converted to the check/call party.

Check/call is superior to bet/call vs hands that have us crushed and hands that would fold if we bet but will bet if we check. It only loses value against hands that would call if we bet but will check behind if we check (e.g. 66, Ax).

Also, check/call is better than bet/fold bc we don't fold to hands like JJ/TT/junk that decide to raise and we have a chance to snap off bluffs against the hands that would fold if we bet.

Later,
Che
Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 PM

(newbie alert reading the hand before reading other posts so probably way off)
His limp/call preflop would to me mean a weaker hand and after the flop i would say something like A7s or K7s or just a draw to the flush. I think he'd re-raise on the turn with trips so i'd stick to flush draw about 80% of the time. I'd check river even though i wanna bet so bad in these situations.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I have converted to the check/call party.

Check/call is superior to bet/call vs hands that have us crushed and hands that would fold if we bet but will bet if we check. It only loses value against hands that would call if we bet but will check behind if we check (e.g. 66, Ax).

Also, check/call is better than bet/fold bc we don't fold to hands like JJ/TT/junk that decide to raise and we have a chance to snap off bluffs against the hands that would fold if we bet.

Later,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]
Check call is definitely worse than bet fold imo. If I'm checking river I am doing it with the intention of folding.

If we check he checks behind Ax and all medium pocketpairs, and bets all hands that beat us. He miiiight bet JJ but most of the time I think he checks behind with that as well. Generally if we check this river he is taking us to valuetown with a bet.

All those medium pocketpairs and Ax might decide to call a bet though, which iss why I prefer betting. Bet call is ugly because I don't see him raising JJ/TT here more than 1% of the time.

For check call to become an option he would have to get to the river with a draw pretty often, and I don't think that is the case.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:58 AM

I agree with Melchiades,
Bet/Fold> C/f> c/c > b/c
Guy will call worse
They will rarely shove worse
They will rarely bluff or vbet worse hands.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM

bet/fold

<3 value/block bets