FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

anyone not assume it was Boosted after the first post?

[ QUOTE ]
him: would you like some of my action and just BR me on FTP until I get my funds released?
him: stake me and I'll provide makeup if I lose
him: that way it's 100% no loss for you

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how Booosted can avoid paying back when he says this. this is basically scamming someone.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with Travesty. He is still owed the 30K because that was initially a loan.

For the rest, OP has the option to bankroll him for makeup. If he does so, then as others have said he can bankroll stakee for 5/10 until he gets his money back. That, or he can choose to just eat the 30K.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he doesn't want to risk more $ someone should do a behind the scenes deal and take a piece.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:12 PM

That's because you don't understand one of the words you highlighted: MAKEUP.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am a friend of boostedj and i know the whole situation about what happened here.i was actually IM with boosted when he told me he was getting staked.not ONCE did he say anything about a loan.i know boosted pretty well and know he would NEVER try to scam someone or trick them in anyway for ANYTHING....it is the other way around he is the type of person who tries to help people not take advantage of them....

[/ QUOTE ]

Please keep this thread clean of fan boy posts
Old 05-18-2007, 07:16 PM

TheRedDragon -

So I would have to send him more money? I would send him 10k more to play 3/6 first then 5/10 at 20k, but with so much controversy, I don't even know what's going to happen.

I feel like I deserve all 60k back, but I think what's fair now is to just split the loss 30k each.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please stop trying to deceive others. I have it all logged. There was one full day in between the two 30k, not minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're insane if you're all of a sudden going to start arguing this point, I'm done here, since you've disrespected me in many ways, including:

As soon as I told you I lost our stake, one of your first questions was whether I stole it or not. If I stole it, why would you care, because from what you say, I'd have to pay you back anyways? You questioned my character there, and I've never ripped anybody off in my life, nor will I ever.

Second point of disrespect was when you promised me my name wasn't going to be mentioned in the thread, I dont want my name near any sort of controversy, good or bad, it's like the tabloids here.

Usually, people on 2p2 are referred to as "Villian" and you're referred to as "Hero", now, in some cases in hands, you need to know previous stuff and what hero's and villians tendencies are. Therefore, you also took 1/4 of me at 200/400 a few weeks before this, and I gladly paid you your $10k< in winnings. Also, my tendencies are not cheating or scamming anybody, there is 0% chance of that.

If you want to get nasty, you have no shot at getting any money you're under the dillusion of me owing to you. After being disrespected clearly twice in these situations, you're fortunate enough I'm respectable of agreements enough that I will make up the money if you choose so to stake me again at the stakes I lost and I will try to get you out of that hole, even though I reap no benefit of doing so, it was the agreement. Stop trying every single little thing to discredit and tarnish my name, I don't appreciate it one bit.

At this time, I have nothing else to say as I believe I've said all the details I can remember(this was about a week and a half ago).
Old 05-18-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but wait

[ QUOTE ]

Since Yoguh denied him "makeup," which HE agreed to in the OP, his stake is not responsible for paying him back.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much "makeup" is OP required to give him? unlimited? is OP supposed to keep bankrolling this guy until he eventually gets even?

[/ QUOTE ]

if makeup is agreed to, the staker doesnt have to stake anymore if he doesnt want to, but he can force the stakee to keep playing if he wants him to. In this specific situation, once they got into the positive, there wasn't a real cutoff point and they were just going to end the stake whenever they both agreed to it, the upside was not defined with details, whereas some stakes say "Win $100k and we both cash out"

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear he didn't intend to enter into a 'makeup' arrangement:

him: that way it's 100% no loss for you
me: whoa
me: what's in it for you though?

It's clear he see's only upside (as in risk free backing) and you conveniently dodged his question there. If your a friend of his your a scumbag.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:20 PM

First 30k deal isn't outlined in the posts so nothing can be said about that.

Second 30k deal was 100% guaruntee no losses, weather you pay him in full from your own means or grind it back is of no consequence, it is owed.

Having friends post in your favor is actually against your favor. Looks bad to say "Im not involved and you have no reason to trust me, but trust me, hes good guy".
Old 05-18-2007, 07:23 PM

What?! I see it in my AIM log there is one day between when I sent you the two 30ks. I can even check my email from FTP for the exact times if you want.

And that was not my first question. I only asked you that AFTER my friend told me on pokerdb you did not lose 105k. Then of course I would ask you if you really did lose the money.

To be honest with you, I never want to disrespect anyone. I feel like you were disrespecting me when you were trying to prove me wrong on everything I was saying to defend my point.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Filth-

Yeah, you'd send him more to play. Boosted has a VERY long history of crushing 5/10 and 10/20 NL, there's no reason to think he's anything other than a massively winning player at those stakes. There's also, honestly, no reason to think Justin's trying to scam you here. You trusted him enough to send him all this money (I've trusted him with access to much more of my own money in the past); you should know he's a stand-up guy, even if you feel like he's being unfair here.

Given that he's a massively winning player and he's a good guy, in all likelihood he'll win your money back for you fairly quickly at 5/10+. I think it's unfair to make him make it up lower, simply because it would take far too long. If your BR's SEVERELY damaged, however, I could see an argument for BEGINNING makeup at 3/6. If you do this, you'll probably get your money back quickly.

If you don't, fair or not, you probably won't get back a dime. Were I in your spot, I'd ship a few k over and get him started on 5/10 (he may not even need you to ship if he's got money of his own now) and put this behind me.

-Neutrality
Closed Thread