Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Photos: Your Commute

Raptor, dude, use the bidet!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:54 PM

ever use that pool table? i don't any chalk marks. . .
Old 05-18-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Becuase I find beauty in my life? Becuase I do what I want to do where I want it in mah USA? Or because some people don't think like you do? I was debating posting this in BBV because being able to walk and see trees and trains everyday is a huge brag, but even if I drove there are still things to see in our static American lives that are interesting and should be noticed.

Farang ta nam khao,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? My comment has nothing to do with you. I find this thread depressing, Raptor's post also. Your's especially. Those photos depress the living hell out of me. Having spent the last three years in a big city, everything about quiet little American towns makes me squirm in my seat. I have nightmares sometimes where I am either sitting in a high school classroom or walking outside of my house and seeing nothing but suburban houes and their green lawns on each side of me and time stands still. It makes my whole my body tremble and all I can think about is getting the F out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love the city i live in. i hate the big city life. i like being able to get in my car, drive to the grocery store, fill up a cart with all the food and junk i want, and drive home. i love being able to walk outside, sit by the pool, read a book while my feet hang in the water. i love being able to go into my garage, work out, play some basketball, then jump in the pool to cool off. i cant imagine living in a high rise in the middle of the city, in a cramped 1 bedroom apartment. THAT would make me squirm in my seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raptor, I haven't been around here that long but I had the impression that you were a shallow, young, rich kid that lived too fast to see the beauty in whats around you. You have just absolutely crushed that impression with that post. Congrats on smelling the roses and appreciating life. Keep it up sir.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:18 AM

I'm with Raptor. I like having everything laid back. I am living in Las Vegas right now (even though I still have an apartment in Atlanta, my former residence) and I absolutely HATE it. Everything is either ridiculously flashy or just cookie cutter. Nothing has character like places in Atlanta or Philadelphia (my residence prior to Atlanta). I loved the hills just outside of Atlanta, the trees, etc. I just like living in a greener environment. I really hate the desert and I'm looking forward to getting the hell out of here once the WSOP ends. I want to buy a house about an hour outside of Atlanta and just enjoy the small-town life while also reaping the benefits of big city life (ie, pro sports) when I get the urge. It would take some massive event in my life to get me to stay here in Las Vegas.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:30 AM

Raptor,

Your house is sweet. Your's was depressing because it reminds me of how time i waste on the internet, not because its a small town. I couldnt even tell from the photo. Sorry I hijacked this thread, GA.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Raptor. I like having everything laid back. I am living in Las Vegas right now (even though I still have an apartment in Atlanta, my former residence) and I absolutely HATE it. Everything is either ridiculously flashy or just cookie cutter. Nothing has character like places in Atlanta or Philadelphia (my residence prior to Atlanta). I loved the hills just outside of Atlanta, the trees, etc. I just like living in a greener environment. I really hate the desert and I'm looking forward to getting the hell out of here once the WSOP ends. I want to buy a house about an hour outside of Atlanta and just enjoy the small-town life while also reaping the benefits of big city life (ie, pro sports) when I get the urge. It would take some massive event in my life to get me to stay here in Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived within 30 minutes of the king and queen towers in northern ATL my entire life and I can vouch that suburban Atlanta pretty much rules.

Except for the pollen. And the humidity.

I wish I could provide pictures, but my current commute is 3 seconds - from my bed to my computer =(
Old 05-19-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still gets heavy rotation, I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is that?

[/ QUOTE ]It's a trashcan, isn't it? I don't know why it'd be heavily rotating.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 AM

GA,

Eventually, I'll buy a decent bike and ride the bike path from downtown Sac to Folsom along the American River and take some sweet pics. For now, this is basically my commute, though much more traffic:

I take that Folsom Blvd exit. Yes, it's the same Folsom as Folsom Prison. I'll eventually check that out, too.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived within 30 minutes of the king and queen towers in northern ATL my entire life and I can vouch that suburban Atlanta pretty much rules.

Except for the pollen. And the humidity.

I wish I could provide pictures, but my current commute is 3 seconds - from my bed to my computer =(

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind humidity. That's what AC is for when it's too much.

Pollen sucks but you'll find it in most climates that have a lot of vegetation.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:40 AM

Normally I hate humidty, but growing up in SE Mass, I'll take 80 to 90 degrees + humidty + access to a beach over the 100-110 degree heat I take in Sacramento anyday. The major plus to humidty is hot summer nights. In Boston, NYC, etc, the nights stay really warm, in the 70-80 range, which is wicked comfortable, whereas in California, hot days don't translate to warm nights. You stil need a long sleeve shirt and pants at night in San Diego, LA, SF, and SAC. Lame.