FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

Honestly the flaw in the convo the way I am interpretting it is that the guy says I'll pay you back ___ so you don't have 100% loss, which implies there will still be x% loss and therefore defining y% to pay back should've been discussed but it wasn't.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:14 PM

but wait

[ QUOTE ]

Since Yoguh denied him "makeup," which HE agreed to in the OP, his stake is not responsible for paying him back.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much "makeup" is OP required to give him? unlimited? is OP supposed to keep bankrolling this guy until he eventually gets even?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but wait

[ QUOTE ]

Since Yoguh denied him "makeup," which HE agreed to in the OP, his stake is not responsible for paying him back.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much "makeup" is OP required to give him? unlimited? is OP supposed to keep bankrolling this guy until he eventually gets even?

[/ QUOTE ]

75-150 is a pretty big game.. doesnt seem like a 5-10 grinder would knowingly 'stake' someone for that. something seems off here.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but wait

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if makeup is agreed to, the staker doesnt have to stake anymore if he doesnt want to, but he can force the stakee to keep playing if he wants him to. In this specific situation, once they got into the positive, there wasn't a real cutoff point and they were just going to end the stake whenever they both agreed to it, the upside was not defined with details, whereas some stakes say "Win $100k and we both cash out"
Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM

I got a few details wrong in my post, I edited them out.

Greg, I would say 10-15 buyins would be fair, but that's just a rough estimate.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 PM

Also in this situation, the staker never said $60k was his whole bankroll, and watched the stakee play in all the games and didn't say anything.

Raptor, Bill Gates has billions of dollars, but I'm sure he knows he can't play 75/150 online profitably, but, he could bankroll it and win money, even though he might be a winning 5/10 player
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Greg, I would say 10-15 buyins would be fair, but that's just a rough estimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

what happens if the guy blows all the 10 buyins?

[ QUOTE ]

if makeup is agreed to, the staker doesnt have to stake anymore if he doesnt want to, but he can force the stakee to keep playing if he wants him to.

[/ QUOTE ]

boostedj,
so basically, OP can bankroll this guy for 5/10 and force him to keep playing until he wins 60 buyins there to cover the original stake?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 PM

It seems as if I was purposely midled in this regard. First he tells me that his money is coming in. Then I am suprised that he would give up 50% of his profits to me and I ask him what's in it for me, and he misleads me more with talk about other people bothering him. It seems to me that at this time he was already aware that I didn't know what "make up" meant and thought I was getting my money back no matter what.

And after I send him 30k more he goes and plays 3-6x higher than he was playing a little bit before? It just seems like I'm getting incredibly fcked here.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Also, yoguh has taken 1/4 of 200/400 action before, I am certain of this, so he is obviously willing to put up 10k buyins, so I think the argument of "him staking too high" throws this out the window
Old 05-18-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but wait

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if makeup is agreed to, the staker doesnt have to stake anymore if he doesnt want to, but he can force the stakee to keep playing if he wants him to. In this specific situation, once they got into the positive, there wasn't a real cutoff point and they were just going to end the stake whenever they both agreed to it, the upside was not defined with details, whereas some stakes say "Win $100k and we both cash out"

[/ QUOTE ]

So I can send the guy 10k and make him play 2/4 NL until he makes back my 60k right? And if he loses it all he owes me 70k?
Closed Thread