Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Default FullTilt and PokerStars on Windows Vista -- problems

Two main issues:

1. Sound

The rate of the sounds on both PokerStars and FullTilt is very slow. Here is the best way I can describe it. Under Windows XP, the sound of the cards being dealt was --

WhitWhitWhitWhitWhitWhit -- the sound matched the motion.

Under Windows Vista, the sound of the cards being dealt is --

Whit...Whit....Whit.........Whit..............Whit .................Whit....................

-- very slow. So slow, in fact, that the card dealing sound is still playing through after the betting actions have started. Also, the sound of the other actions is extremely slow and lags behind the actions. There's a bet, and the bet sound happens while the next player is betting, etc.

2. Video

Similar to the sound problem -- very slow, does not track with the sounds, and it sometimes skips over the action altogether.

You can selectively turn the sound off for certain actions, like cards being dealt, on one site (I forget which one), and I could turn off sound and video completely, but I shouldn't have to do this.

Any help?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: FullTilt and PokerStars on Windows Vista -- problems

Hi!

I was playing in the FTOPS IV Main event (still am as I'm typing this) and had exactly the problem you are describing. I was in a race with A9s vs 7s and didn't even get to see the cards one by one there was a massive delay then boom all 5 cards are up (I won with the A river) but it was very annoying not to see it normally. Anyway I wasn't about to put up with that for the rest of the tourney so I did some adjusting and searching..

I found out that I was on 'Power Saver' on my laptop and when I changed the settings to either 'Dell recommended' or 'High performance' it has completely changed my Full Tilt and now the table seems to be running a lot smoother and quicker.

Hope this helps for you!