Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 05:21 AM

Default NL25 hands

Hey, I've played around 2-3k hands on my building bankroll project at nl25. Currently have around 5BB/100, so i'm not doing too bad, but there is a few main situations that comes up time after time, and I'm not really sure what is the +EV move. I'm not that good on making reads at people yet, so the situations are based on a average player, and the best mathematical move.

Playing Full ring(10) at Everest.

Situation 1:

Hero: (Button) ($25)
Villian: (BB) ($25)

Hero: (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] )
Preflop: raise 4x, c from bb.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian: Bet 2/3 pot
Hero: ?

I would put him on a pair, or set. I don't see many players at nl25 betting out draws, and there are not many draws out there except the diamonds, which there is a low chance on him having. What is his range, and can I push?

Situation 2:

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

preflop: raise 4x, bb call.
flop: J75rainbow.
Villian: bets 2/3 pot
Hero: 3bet.
Villian: 3bet.

Can villian do this often enough with a overpair or pair,
that push here is a EV move?

Situation 3:

Hero: 99

Preflop:
Raise 4x, villian calls from bb

Flop: K95 Rainbow.

Villian checks, Hero ?
Turn: ?
River ?
Basicly the question is, where is the best spot to give him his money in. Should I bet flop, if he calls, how much to bet turn?

The same situation with:
flop: A96.
Villian bets 2/3, hero: ?

Same question here, where is the best spot for me to get his money in? race flop? race turn?

Would also like to thank this forum for being so awsomn, there is sooo much great information, and this site alone has probably learned me everything i know about poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nudge
Old 05-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: NL25 hands

*bump* [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: NL25 hands

I would normally raise in situation 1, but I would sometimes call if I thought villian was particularly donkish, or that he would pay me off on a draw. In this situation I probably raise 50% of the time and call the other 50%, but I'm not sure how accurate that guess is.

Situation 2 I go broke unless villian is a tag. If villian is tag I just call the lead bet from him. Quite a few tags are bad enough to play AJ and whatnot like that though.

Situation 3 I raise flop or bet flop. AK doesn't fold on the ace high board and if he has air he'll just chuck it either way.