Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you manage your passwords?
KeePass 5 62.50%
RoboForm 1 12.50%
Password Safe 1 12.50%
KeyPass 0 0%
Other 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, May, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Bradley,

The really, really sick thing with all compounding loans is the difference in total payments that happens if you start paying off extra principal, just a little tiny bit, early on. It's enormous.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bradley,

The really, really sick thing with all compounding loans is the difference in total payments that happens if you start paying off extra principal, just a little tiny bit, early on. It's enormous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course if you are good at other types of investing and not very risk averse you will happily borrow as much money as you can at 6% (interest tax deductible) and pay it back as slowly as possible.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to see Jcardshark...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-18-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bradley,

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul,

Many people are sold into paying off an extra 100 bucks per month to reduce the time to pay off the loan by 8 years. This is bad logic. Do you know why?

As far as my interest rate yes I found a very savy 2+2er who is also a mortgage broker here in San Jose and he got me a super rate. Plus, my company bought down my interest rate as part of my deal for relocating from Indianpolis to San Fran. My rate is 5.75% fixed for 30 years and I put down a nice down payment and had a pretty good FICO (800+) which also helped.

I know that this stupid shack is expensive but I think of it more as an investment because since 1946 houses in the bay area have gone up 4.6% per year on average. That's a lot of return when you are leveraging 1.4 million in loans. Let's say that my house goes up just 3-4% in value over the next 4 years. Then when I am 35 yrs old I can sell it and pocket like 200K in profit (this house would be EASY to sell and would go in 5 days on market) and move back to Indianapolis and buy a house in cash and str8 retire at 35.

LOL realestateaments.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:05 AM

brag post: I found a really good coach tonight!

beat: cell phone died while we were discussing poker

He says he's actually worked with some SNGers from STTF and that's kewl. Very nice guy. I've never met anyone from 2+2 that wasn't smarter than me and super nice.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:15 AM

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??

1st=65
2nd=75
3rd=108
4th=109

This is my finish distro playing 577 FT $6 9 player touries!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bradley,

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul,

Many people are sold into paying off an extra 100 bucks per month to reduce the time to pay off the loan by 8 years. This is bad logic. Do you know why?

As far as my interest rate yes I found a very savy 2+2er who is also a mortgage broker here in San Jose and he got me a super rate. Plus, my company bought down my interest rate as part of my deal for relocating from Indianpolis to San Fran. My rate is 5.75% fixed for 30 years and I put down a nice down payment and had a pretty good FICO (800+) which also helped.

I know that this stupid shack is expensive but I think of it more as an investment because since 1946 houses in the bay area have gone up 4.6% per year on average. That's a lot of return when you are leveraging 1.4 million in loans. Let's say that my house goes up just 3-4% in value over the next 4 years. Then when I am 35 yrs old I can sell it and pocket like 200K in profit (this house would be EASY to sell and would go in 5 days on market) and move back to Indianapolis and buy a house in cash and str8 retire at 35.

LOL realestateaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're paying 5.75% on something that earns 3-4%. That's not profit in the early years where most is financed rather than owned.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bradley,

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul,

LOL realestateaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're paying 5.75% on something that earns 3-4%. That's not profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah not exactly, BUT after you give me my tax break on that interest then I am getting to live in this house for <4%. So think of it as profit or simply free rent. I mean its not the best investment in the world to buy a house BUT you do have to live somewhere don't u? Plus, my wife really loves this house and I did it for her since I'm a poker playing degenerate [censored] husband and its the least I can do for her putting up with my ass.

Indy
Old 05-18-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Final table sweat if anyone is bored.

I'm entering the FT of the $15kg on stars with the chiplead now. SN is same as on 2p2. First prize is $4,2k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship it! Took it down for a total of $4,228.41. My biggest score ever. Thanks to you guys at #stt for railing.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:14 AM

congrats klinz.
Closed Thread