Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Bottom Set vs. Scary Board

[ QUOTE ]
When you say 4-way pot, are you including the blinds? Don't we need multiple limpers or the ceratin knowledge more will limp along behind us to make a limp with a very small pair correct? In the online games I play (as low as 5-10), two limpers, even in early position does not seem to guarantee more limpers behind them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am including the blinds, and if I don't get more limpers, I don't care, because I have something else----the button [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. So, the way I look at it, either I will have a pot that has enough players to justify playing for a set, or I will have position the rest of the hand, and I might win, just because noone else does.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:04 PM

OK, so you got checkraised, and lost. Think about this hand for a second. What did you really lose? If he checkraised the turn, you probably still call him down, right? So you lost the same number of bets either way.

In fact, you probably gained here, because if he always plays a flush the same way, you probably check behind with a lot of smaller hands than your set, and you save two big bets in those cases.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM

Um, he wasn't slowplaying a flush either. He had AQ with a spade. He was drawing to the nut flush and backed into a straight. He also could have been chasing with 89 or Q9 and made his hand. The straight was the hand that scared me and made me consider checking. Are these hands likely enough to slow me down, or was my bet still the right move?