Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Default AK wih confusing PF action

Looking for some feedback on this hand. UTG seems pretty solid, 22/16/2 after about 70 hands. No read on MP who just sat down.

I felt like my initial reraise was good, and after UTG called I was pretty comfortable that his range was 99-JJ, AQs-AKs. What really confused me was the semi-shortstack going all-in. What hand would he call the initial raise with from MP, then push his stack in with after a reraise AND a call?

After he pushed I was pretty unsure what to do, especially since I was getting about 2.5-1 on the call. Would he play this way with AA or KK? Is UTG going to call this all-in?

Feel free to post any and all thoughts on this hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($5.35)
UTG ($9.75)
MP ($6.95)
Hero ($9.95)
SB ($13)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.4</font>, MP calls $0.40, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.80, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6.95</font>, Hero ???
Old 05-17-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: AK wih confusing PF action

The math guys will have a better take on this than me, but I am fine with pushing. MP sucks, so I think he could have a pretty wide range. UTG would most likely re-raise AA or KK OOP. I think your pot equity should be OK against their range of holdings.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Edit:

My fault. Didn't see MP cold-called.

This is a shove, automatically. You're well ahead here. I see this all the time at the micros.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 PM

Shove. There's a good chance that MP is a donkey. UTG will likely only call here with AK, AA, KK imo which he probably would have 4bet. Mp's line looks more like some retard mid pp line where they cold call and the shove because somebody is trying to push them off they're 88 cuz its teh nutz.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM

I just want to chime in for emphasis. Shove for value, this is exactly what you are looking for. MP range is ATC and you donīt really care what UTG does. But it is ok if he calls.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:20 PM

Agreed. I'd guess that he's holding a PP 22-99, possibly an Ax suited, but I like a shove here. I'd say UTG has A9-AJ or 88-jj
Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. Based on the replies, I shouldn't have been as confused as I was during the hand. MP's play just didn't make any sense, and I think it threw me for a loop.

I may have been a little results oriented as well. UTG turned over TT, and MP had AA. I was happy to win on a KK89J, 4 heart board though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]