Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

I guess Neteller has changed their policy on address changes. They now require ID, utility bill, and bank statement. All of which have to be from the country you are moving to. Aparantly a copy of your passport with a stamp will not suffice as ID. Is there any way to get an ID card from Argentina without becoming a citizen?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess Neteller has changed their policy on address changes. They now require ID, utility bill, and bank statement. All of which have to be from the country you are moving to. Aparantly a copy of your passport with a stamp will not suffice as ID. Is there any way to get an ID card from Argentina without becoming a citizen?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean without becoming a resident?

Not that I know of.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:17 AM

im 18 and tried to book an apartment with ByT, but they said that u have to be over 21 to sign the lease 'by law'. I know that the drinking age is 18, so just assumed that 18/yo could sign legally binding documents.

are ByT just doing this coz they dont want young people living in their apartments, or is this really the law? also, does anyone know another way of getting around this?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im 18 and tried to book an apartment with ByT, but they said that u have to be over 21 to sign the lease 'by law'. I know that the drinking age is 18, so just assumed that 18/yo could sign legally binding documents.

are ByT just doing this coz they dont want young people living in their apartments, or is this really the law? also, does anyone know another way of getting around this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really true? Link me to where byt told you that. I'll ask some Argentines if they keep telling you this.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really true? Link me to where byt told you that. I'll ask some Argentines if they keep telling you this.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually its pretty sick... i told them i was 18 from the start, and the guy i was gunna be living with is 18 also. they send me like 3 emails confirming everything, getting credit card details, etc (nothing came up about my age). So i go out today and book my flights. afew hours after i get home i get this email from them:

"Dear Mitchell,

I received your confirmation for one month rental at the apartment of Junin and Av. Las Heras II. Unfortunally I can not confirm your reservation becouse none of you is older than 21 year old. Since you are not adult, it´s forbidden here to sing a lease regarding our law.

I´m sorry about this situation.

Best regards,

Mariano Iniguez"

so i email back, saying is there anyway around this/ur bs site never said anything about being 21+. then received this reply:

"Hi Mitch,

you´re right about the web site updating. I´ll ask the guys to do it. Look, I checked every possibility here with my boss, and the only chance is that you come and take the apartment with a person who´s 21 years old or more. He/she will have to sign the contract in front of our representative.

Best,

Mariano"

i dunno whether 'come and take the apartment with a person who's 21' means u have to have a 21 y/o living with u, or if u just need a 21 y/o present to sign the lease agreement. I 'm not really sure if i should ask for clarification either because if he tells us it's the former then we'll have no chance of having a 21+ dude 'pretending' to live with us and just signing the lease.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:38 PM

I actually seem to remember something about that. I'm sure they aren't lying to you and you will have to find someone who is 21 to sign the lease.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually seem to remember something about that. I'm sure they aren't lying to you and you will have to find someone who is 21 to sign the lease.

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone who's 21+ and lives in argentina wanna sign our lease? it's me and kolo btw (we're kinda respected posters), the apartments in recoleta, we're nice ppl and won't rip u off, we'll even give u like $100 for doing this, and a 3K deposit (obv gets refunded after the lease is over and we dont rip u off) seriously we're in a really tough spot right now, so if anyone can help us out that would be awesome. I arrive 28th july around 5pm so will be doin all the paper work stuff around then.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone who's 21+ and lives in argentina wanna sign our lease? it's me and kolo btw (we're kinda respected posters), the apartments in recoleta, we're nice ppl and won't rip u off, we'll even give u like $100 for doing this, and a 3K deposit (obv gets refunded after the lease is over and we dont rip u off) seriously we're in a really tough spot right now, so if anyone can help us out that would be awesome. I arrive 28th july around 5pm so will be doin all the paper work stuff around then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not be in town at that time because I'll be traveling through Europe. Will have to find someone else.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:28 PM

This sucks so [censored] hard
Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks so [censored] hard

[/ QUOTE ]

It will work out and Argentina will be awesome. Don't worry.