Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:10 PM

Default NL5 - QQ on the cutoff, 4 callers

No read on villain; he just joined the table and did nothing out of the ordinary yet. The other guys are pretty loose but i haven't seen them calling a lot of bigger raises preflop.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.88
UTG+1: $2.52
UTG+2: $3.63
MP1: $4.73
MP2: $4.95
MP3: $2.61
Hero: $4.12
Button: $3.62
SB: $1.35
BB: $4.05

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.47, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $0.73</font>,

Hero folds, calls or raises?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: NL5 - QQ on the cutoff, 4 callers

i think all 3 is fine. that is a weak, weak, bet. 1/2 the times you raise this, villain takes a "b/f" line. the other half he 3-bets you and you can easily fold. calling is probably the worst (even though i tend to call, esp since his bet is smaller than whatever c-bet i would throw out) since the other players will come in as well.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM

I think I probably fold this here. Heads up I might call and see the turn. Flop is fairly dry and you don't really know if MP1 is an idiot. Your call does not close the betting either. I doubt that MP1 is bluffing or betting middle pair into 4 people especially when preflop raiser is yet to act. Bet size is exactly half pot, most goofballs don't bet that precise unless its a number ending in 0 or 5. To me that sceams life nit.

One other thing. When your on a table like this where there is a lot of people willing to call raises you probably need to bump up your PF raises a little. You Really would only want 1 maybe two callers. With Qs I really like to be heads up.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Well I think that 0,35 is not the problem, I often bet 0,20 and it gets folded around, it's not the case that people on that table were calling high raises light in general. By the way you have a button which says half the pot, so he could be a goofball after all [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (I may be one too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 05-17-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the other half he 3-bets you and you can easily fold

[/ QUOTE ]

do you guys look at stacksizes before saying things like this?

you'll end up getting like 8/1 on a call with hands like T8 in the range