Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Default AKo 3bet OOP hits A82 2-flush...plan needed!

<font color="blue">Assume no reads, except that villain is not a known solid player or regular.

What is Hero's plan after the flop?

Should here bet or check flop as default?

How does hero proceed if we assume a low heart hits the turn, given your flop recommendation?</font>

No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($120.55)
UTG ($99.70)
MP ($170.60)
Button ($130.25)
Hero ($131.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $9.

Flop: ($26) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???
Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: AKo 3bet OOP hits A82 2-flush...plan needed!

start by betting about $18-20 on the flop.

if raised, i think a 3-bet shove is certainly reasonable. we can also call the raise and lead the turn to keep him from getting a free card, but i personally like 3 betting better.

if our flop bet is just called, i lead the turn again. if it's a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and we're raised, we have a tough decision against a player we have no read on. i stack off a lot in these spots against people I have no read on, but that's probably a leak of mine.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 AM

ch flop, bet or call turn, bet or call river or fold depending.... anyway, plan on 2 streets of value
Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 AM

I lead out with $20 here. What do you consider his range? Say AA-TT and AK here. The only hand that beats you is AA and the odds of him having the other two Aces while you hold one is very small. Bet out here, shove to a raise.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ch flop

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand we should mix up our play, but is there any specific reason you prefer a flop check here?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 AM

c/r flop or 22
Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r flop or 22

[/ QUOTE ]

My plan was actually to c/r flop, but it went check check. Turn is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]...now what's the plan?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ch flop

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand we should mix up our play, but is there any specific reason you prefer a flop check here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just about never getting called by a worse hand and a check here is going to let you get max value.

I'm a little more hesitant to check the flop here because it's 2-tone.

Yeah, you have to bet a lot of the time, especially if you are playing a guy that you play with a lot and you have a history... he can't know that check means TPTK (but it doesn't always mean that it can mean a lot of other stuff too.) If it's a one time deal though with
some random fish I think checking is the way to go a lot of the time because we are never getting called by worse here. Here's a hand I played yesterday with a not-very good tag that made me think of this, I thought he had AA/QQ/JJ and wouldn't call a river bet with QQ or JJ but might try to value bluff them and merge my range or something.

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.00</font>, BB folds, CO calls $20.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($58) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($58) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $36.00</font>, CO calls $36.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($130) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $100.00</font>, Hero calls $100.00

Pot Size: $330.00 ($3.50 Rake)

CO had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Tens) and LOST (-$164.00)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pairs, Kings and Tens) and WON (+$162.50)