Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Default help me get a new setup

Okay, I'm finally ready to actually get a real setup (as opposed to 6 tabling with overlap on my outdated laptop for the past year. Planning on playing a sh*tload of hands this summer, and want to be comfortable, having the ability to play up to 12 tables if I choose. WHAT IS MY BEST OPTION?

Most importantly, I want something that will run super quickly and smoothly for the next few years (my current laptop used to freeze sometimes, and is generally way too slow). Also, I would like two monitors, each fitting comfortably at least 6 tables. 1600 x 1200 at least, right? Also, easy on eyes is important, as mine are bad to begin with. How big should my monitors be to achieve these goals?

What is the best value I can find while still achieving all of the above? Oh, and desktop or laptop, does it make a difference in meeting the above? Best to order online, or can I find what Im looking for at best buy, etc?

Suggestions, please, for this computer newb!!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: help me get a new setup

I'm not sure if Best Buy has the Samsung 403Bs anymore, but they do have hopped up game machines that come with video cards that will dual monitor. The easiest way to go would be to get two of the 403Bs and run in portrait mode, I think you can get 6 tables that way, but am not sure.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if Best Buy has the Samsung 403Bs anymore, but they do have hopped up game machines that come with video cards that will dual monitor. The easiest way to go would be to get two of the 403Bs and run in portrait mode, I think you can get 6 tables that way, but am not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Can anyone confirm whether this would indeed allow 6 tables per monitor? Would really like 6 per monitor, if possible (dont want to buy a 3rd monitor).

Any other recommendations on getting a good setup?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 PM

anyone? what resolution/screen size do i need to fit 6 tables comfortably? laptop okay? any recommendations?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:39 PM

as long as you can reduce the table size some, two monitors will be plenty. the default table size ratio is 4:3, so choose a monitor based on that and your comfort level with smaller than default tables.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as long as you can reduce the table size some, two monitors will be plenty. the default table size ratio is 4:3, so choose a monitor based on that and your comfort level with smaller than default tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want 6 on EACH monitor, comfortably. Also, I don't want them too small, cuz my eyes aren't great. I'm thinking 21" screen, at least? Also want a machine that runs super quick, and never freezes (since my current laptop is lacking in both areas)- will any laptops meet my needs, or is a desktop best?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:55 AM

anybody!?! ive searched, but cannot find exactly what im looking for. what do i need to 6 table on one screen? how many tables can fit on the 3007 monitor mentioned in other threads? want to get a nice machine, but def dont want to spend 2k if i can get what i need for 1
Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 AM

Did you read all the way through the FAQ? Of course not becuase if you had you wouldn't be bumping this thread.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM

i actually did, but am a little slow! just unsure of exactly what resolution i need to get 6 tables with no overlap (unsure whether 1600 x 1200 is sufficient).
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM

was also confused by the part in faq about not getting wfp widescreens to multi-table. was looking at the 24-30" monoitors, and they are all widescreens. why does the bomb setup in the 30" thread work fine, despite it being a widescreen? just want to make sure i dont buy a comp that doesnt fit my needs