Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: NL50 JJ on interesting board

does anyone like leading into the raiser here?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 PM

With RI and Button after, I don't think you can bet into them.

CC flop and reevaluate turn imo.

Let's say you float here, what do you do on a blank turn, and a smallish bet as he did on flop ?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is ok lead for like 2/3 pot if raised fold,,, actually that might be better than just c/c down which is prob what your stuck doing on most turns.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
With the reraiser behind you, and a cold-caller, I wouldn't lead into this pot. You're behind all of the made hands on broadway and any queen. Plus, position is just so crucial when making a bluff (which I believe this is what a bet here will be), and on board texture like this one, that acting out of position here is really spewing chips.

If you float here, are you ready to call another raise/bet on the turn? What's a good card for you on the turn? Any scare card, is a scare card for you, and you will probably check/muck. "Float and reevaluate," is a terrible line in my opinion. I have a problem with that line in general, because if you float it should be with a purpose of action later down the line, or else you're just a calling station.

At these stakes, his min-raise is donkish but I think indicative of a strong hand.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is ok lead for like 2/3 pot if raised fold,,, actually that might be better than just c/c down which is prob what your stuck doing on most turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if he calls? Or the button calls? You are completely forgetting that there are two to act behind you. If the turn is a blank, firing another barrel is pricey on the turn, and any scare card other than a Jack is just going to kill any chance of you continuing.

Just muck em out of position.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
With the reraiser behind you, and a cold-caller, I wouldn't lead into this pot. You're behind all of the made hands on broadway and any queen. Plus, position is just so crucial when making a bluff (which I believe this is what a bet here will be), and on board texture like this one, that acting out of position here is really spewing chips.

If you float here, are you ready to call another raise/bet on the turn? What's a good card for you on the turn? Any scare card, is a scare card for you, and you will probably check/muck. "Float and reevaluate," is a terrible line in my opinion. I have a problem with that line in general, because if you float it should be with a purpose of action later down the line, or else you're just a calling station. At these stakes, a min-raise is donkish but I think indicative of a strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with never floating OOP I mean thats pretty explotiable dont you think? I mean only betting your strong hands and c/folding your weak ones when your OOP is a little too obvious even at 50NL

c/minraise here is terrible what does that do even if you have the best hand your giving great odds on a wet board
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if he calls? Or the button calls? You are completely forgetting that there are two to act behind you. If the turn is a blank, firing another barrel is pricey on the turn, and any scare card other than a Jack is just going to kill any chance of you continuing.

Just muck em out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you say a minraise is good but leading here is bad? I think leading is better than c/c here you dont have to bet the turn if your called
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont agree with never floating OOP is never good I mean thats pretty explotiable dont you think? I mean only betting your strong hands and c/folding your weak ones when your OOP is a little too obvious even at 50NL

c/minraise here is terrible what does that do even if you have the best hand your giving great odds on a wet board

[/ QUOTE ]

At these stakes, I don't think it's that exploitable, however, I'm not disagreeing with you. I never said "never," I said, "floating" and "reevaluating" is just a weak excuse to call, I believe if you are going to "float" then you should have intentions of stealing or raising the pot on certain cards; which in this particular case, doesn't seem like it's going to happen unless you hit a case Jack.

Also, I never mentioned Check/minraise, I called the move donkish. I said his minraise is donkish, and probably indicative of a strong hand.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Ahh, I see where you could have misread me, I meant his minraise. I didn't mean for the OP to minraise. lol, sorry
Old 05-17-2007, 02:17 PM

i would call and reevaluate on the turn