FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick one
Downie 0 0%
Blind 1 14.29%
Gay 1 14.29%
All three 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Should this teacher be arrested for assault? (video link)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People are such pussies these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing the kid in question isnt yours is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was, I'd be wondering why my kid was a little sh*t and can't behave in class.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

ya that 4 yr old is so [censored] stupid. Good thing that teacher showed him whos boss.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in Kindergarten, I was acting up in class one day and talking when I shouldn't have been. My teacher grabbed me by the back of the neck and squeezed pretty hard, choking me a bit, to get my attention and shut me up.

That night, during dinner, my parents asked me if anything happend at school that day.

Me: My teacher choked me today.
Dad: Why? What were you doing wrong?
Me: I was talking in line when I shouldn't have.
Dad: Did you shut up?
Me: Yes
Dad: Maybe I'll try it next time.

People are such pussies these days.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:02 PM

Pfft. The teacher should get a talking to, and that's it. My mom used to teach 1st - 4th grade special ed classes, and she'd have to take off down the hallways sometimes to catch kids who were trying to pull a runner on her. I know for a fact that my mom's grip can leave bruises, so i'm almost certain she marked a few kids up when pulling them back to class or to the principal's office, and she never heard a word about it from anybody, administration or parents.

Sometimes you have to do what's necessary to get the kid back into class, or settled down. If it means hauling the little bugger down the hall, then do it. Of course you shouldn't do it with the intent to hurt the kid, and you should be aware enough of what you're doing that you won't do anything more then leave a mark or two, but that doesn't mean don't touch the kids.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sub didn't strike the kid, and certainly didn't "slam him into a glass door" like someone posted earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Police believe a close look at the videotape shows that Tracia lifted the 7-year-old by his shirt collar and slammed the boy's head into a door as he carried him down the hallway Tuesday morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I love how the mom who hasn't taught her kid by the time he's SEVEN [censored] YEARS OLD not to throw books at people is going to look like a saint because people automatically vilify the teacher here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The girl had thrown the book at him first, police said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty unreasonable to expect the kid to have the same self control as Mahatma Gandhi. The police are just investigating what looks like could be assault and battery on a little kid. After they see the video they can't just let this guy off the hook right away.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 PM

I watched the video too, and not one person here has seen that. If the police have a different video, I'll stand corrected.

As to the book, I don't think it matters if the girl threw the book at him. A parent should teach their kid that 2 wrongs don't make a right. The kid [censored] up and when it came time for discipline, he bolted. Sounds like a little brat to me. Also, I posted twice in this thread that he had it thrown at him first, so its not like I was ignoring that fact.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 PM

Nobody here knows the whole situation and the cops probably have seen clearer video that what we saw online. The point I am trying to make is that if the cops think that the teacher threw him into the door then there is no way that they can just ignore this and not investigate what happened and there is no way the district can let this guy keep teaching until the the teacher is cleared of wrongdoing.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 PM

as a society we are [censored]. In 20-30 years, the world will be run by the chinese and japanese.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM

I'm really not seeing the kid's head come into contact with the door. The article states that it does though... is anyone else not seeing it?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 PM

Not really seeing it.

honky,

I like your input. Cops hands are tied here. They have to investigate it to the fullest.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cops hands are tied here. They have to investigate it to the fullest.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I meant. There is no possible way this teacher deserves a medal because he definitely endangered the kid by tossing him around like that so close to the door. Its also possible that he may be cleared when the whole situation is investigated.

Whether he was right or wrong or had good intentions or not the police are forced to look very closely at this and while they are there is no way the guy should still be teaching.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as a society we are [censored]. In 20-30 years, the world will be run by the chinese and japanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Japanese? LOL.