Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Best Finance Program?

I graduate in a week, and while I'm not sure if they already bought it or not, I have mentioned that I would like either Money or Quicken as my graduation gift; not extraordinarily expensive and will be very useful. As it is, I use Money 2002 (not sure where/when I installed it) to track my 2 checking accounts (B&M Commerce and ING), my credit card, and my E*Trade savings account balances.

Unfortunately with all the .NET crap in the '02 version I can't sync it automatically, so it's basically like a nightly chore to balance my checkbook. It'll be tougher once I had a 401k, Roth IRA, and taxable accounts into the mix (though, I may keep them in a separate file if possible; i think biweekly, MAX, if not monthly, checks to see if I need to re-balance to my allocation strategy are all that is necessary. I don't want to be shocked or amazed at a daily fluctuation in the levels of these accounts if I have to see them everytime I load my software)

Sorry for the life story. Basically, I want a new program, and am wondering which one you all prefer. The ability to do my taxes on it would be beneficial, but not sure how necessary it will be as I think I will be taking the standard deductions and etc on the EZ form or the next step up from that, probably depending on responses to posts I make next February : )

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Best Finance Program?

I know you people use them.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM

www.yodlee.com
Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I graduate in a week, and while I'm not sure if they already bought it or not, I have mentioned that I would like either Money or Quicken as my graduation gift; not extraordinarily expensive and will be very useful. As it is, I use Money 2002 (not sure where/when I installed it) to track my 2 checking accounts (B&M Commerce and ING), my credit card, and my E*Trade savings account balances.

Unfortunately with all the .NET crap in the '02 version I can't sync it automatically, so it's basically like a nightly chore to balance my checkbook. It'll be tougher once I had a 401k, Roth IRA, and taxable accounts into the mix (though, I may keep them in a separate file if possible; i think biweekly, MAX, if not monthly, checks to see if I need to re-balance to my allocation strategy are all that is necessary. I don't want to be shocked or amazed at a daily fluctuation in the levels of these accounts if I have to see them everytime I load my software)

Sorry for the life story. Basically, I want a new program, and am wondering which one you all prefer. The ability to do my taxes on it would be beneficial, but not sure how necessary it will be as I think I will be taking the standard deductions and etc on the EZ form or the next step up from that, probably depending on responses to posts I make next February : )

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
i use quicken extensively and it works automatically with most sites - banks, credit cards, investment firms. get it. go with the market leader in spaces like this.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:13 PM

SCorp-

NM.

Meh...the reviews for Quicken '07 on Amazon were really bad.