Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 PM

Default 200NL JJ butchered (small RR before it gets to me in blinds)

Villian is SFBaypoker.com I have him at 17/15/3 over about 500 hands. Seems tight and solid and pretty sure hes a winner at this level. That said I don't have any notes on him so I probably haven't seen anything unusual or him get out of line. Opener seems loose and agro but I wasn't very worried about his Utg miniraise. So SFbaypoker reraises but very small and gets a call on the button from another decent player. I can't imagine what he had but probably 99 or something, mabye AQs or something that didn't want to commit.

So gets to me and I'm thinking this is a great squeeze spot and I have a very good hand. But didn't know how much to make it. I thought for a long time and almost ran out trying to think how much to raise or if I should just call and decided to make it $50 last minute to make it look like I wanted some action just a bit above 3 times his raise, an amount that if he shoved I could still get away. I think this was a horrible idea looking back and think I should've just made it 85 or something and just went with the hand and called a shove, or called to see the flop. I kind of went in the middle and think it was ugly. So he comes back over the top now and I probably still should've called but already hated the way I played it and decided to chalk it up to a $50 mistake and fold. I felt like I completely butchered it, but it was a wierd spot and I still don't know what to do. I don't even think folding is that bad. Any help?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $119.65
UTG+1: $94.65
CO: $211.55
Button: $180.25
Hero: $192.25
BB: $208

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $16</font>, Button calls $16 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $23)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $211.55</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $161.55 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $122
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: 200NL JJ butchered (small RR before it gets to me in blinds)

You're basically turning your hand into a bluff here
Old 05-16-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: 200NL JJ butchered (small RR before it gets to me in blinds)

This is pretty similar to the post I made where I had QQ...

I was getting a little over 3:1 and you are getting a little less than 3:1.

You can call this if you can put AK into villians range but in both cases it really seems like they have us dominated. I guess it comes down to how often you think people shove AK in spots like this?

I've been playing FR lately where this is NEVER AK - so I really don't know...