Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Morning exercise

Yeah this one is 3 blocks from my house, which is ultra-nice. And the instructors are really cool/likable. Possibly our guy could be a little more organized. But that's a very small gripe.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:24 PM

Yeah, the guy that runs ours is a really great dude. He was a decathlete in college and knows his stuff. Also have around 8-1 trainer to student ratio, so we get good instruction on form, plus periodic tests to measure progress.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:28 PM

How long does your boot camp last, and do you just keep re-signing? Are there others doing it as long as you? I'm just wondering if I'd get bored if I keep doing it.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:31 PM

I am thinking about signing up for one near the La Brea Tar Pits(closest one to my house). I have been trying to exercise more lately and get in shape, but I feel that I am doing it all wrong and just spinning my wheels. The next round starts June 4th, so I do have a little bit of time to talk myself out of it(50/50 at this point, I suck).

Boot Camp LA

Luckily they have a class later than 6am, as there is no way I could make that as I currently wake at 8:30am.

Suzzer, hope to see updates/progress/etc.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM

It is in 6 week increments, so I have signed up for 3. I would say at least half my class is repeat customers and 1/3+ have done it at least 3 times. The nice thing is that the guy drops the price for repeat customers and further for referrals.

I haven;t gotten bored. We were inside during Jan/Feb and have been outside since. There is good variety in the workouts. Because the repeat contingent is high, the trainer has motivation to keep coming up with new stuff. The measurement part of it is good too, because you see where you are improving (or not). I like numbers so it adds a game element to it.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:23 PM

suz, screw a mini morning boot camp. do what i did after poker and after getting up to 275#'s, become a roof loader! it's boot camp all day...and i love it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 08:19 AM

oh man this is a sore subject for me. i used to go to the gym in the mornings before work and it was awsem. i felt energized for the day, and after work i was free to go home and play the afternoon MTTs, or go out for a drink, or anything else i wanted, totally guilt-free. i was also in the best shape of my life.

for some reason i am now incapable of waking up before the last possible second that will still get me to work [relatively] on time. so now i have to go to the gym after work, which isn't even that late for me because i usually leave between 3:30 and 4:00, but it still sucks. now if i want to do something after work i have to do it at the cost of working out, and i feel guilty for it. i'm one of those people who isn't naturally skinny, but can stay in decent shape with some effort, so i always feel like i should skip whatever it is i want to do and make sure i get to the gym. but i don't always, and as a result i am in worse shape than i know i could be.

i don't know why i'm rambling about it. i guess if i paid somebody $300 that would be pretty damn good incentive to get me out of bed early.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Working out in the morning is good because your just filled with energy for the rest of the day when you do.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:57 PM

As an exprment I'm gonna start doing this next monday.

I normally get up around 8/8:30 and get to work around 9:30, 9:45 ish. Work till 7pm and get home around 8pm.

Figure I'll wake up at 7am have a quick little meal to give me some energy, maybe a smoothy protein shake etc, hit the gym at 7:30 work out till 8:15/30 shower at gym then leave for work.

I hate waking up in the morning but also tend to get tired during the day so it should be interesting.

Plan to do a workout of
warm up on treadmill...then
Pullups/Chinupss/Dips/Dumbbell bench presses with little rest in between.
then 10-20 minutes of on the rowing machine. And maybe end with some body squats/lunges.

Well see how many days I last.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Good luck dude! I expect a full trip report back here on Monday afternoon. Get ready for a savage berating if you let me down!