Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Default In a slump in NL 50 6-max, validate my checklist to improve

I've been running bad/playing bad (mostly) in the last few weeks at NL 50 6-max.

I'm having a hard time playing against maniac and I have a tendency to become more passive when I'm losing and my confidence is low. So I came up with a little checklist to improve my situation. Some of them may seem obvious, but it seems I forget about them too often [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please comment and suggest improvements on the list.

Preflop:
-Re-raise more often
-Fold AQo, AJo, Axs, KQo, KJo, QJo against a raise
-Against a raise, mix my play between re-raise and call/fold (call with pairs and AK, fold with others) for playable hands.
-Open raise more often with more hands, even in early position

After the flop:
-Chase only with proper odds. If it's close, fold when out of position.
-Don't ever just call except on regular draw (OESD or FD). Sometime raise to mix my play.
-Raise multi-draws and made hands, fold the rest

Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: In a slump in NL 50 6-max, validate my checklist to improve

a few problems
1. you should be 3betting ak almost always at nl50
2. you should 3bet AQo in the blinds against the right opponents--- anyone raising greater than 16% would be ok.... takes time to learn how to play a 3bet AQo
3. calling in position is not always bad... esp after raised flops with hands like 88 on a Q 6 3 board

When your running bad/playing bad, you tend to tighten up and try to get all your money in with big pairs ak type hands.... when in reality you should be trying to get it all in against those type of hands with sets 2 pair ect
Old 05-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I have a few questions

[ QUOTE ]

2. you should 3bet AQo in the blinds against the right opponents--- anyone raising greater than 16% would be ok.... takes time to learn how to play a 3bet AQo

[/ QUOTE ]

I try and defend my blinds properly and I usually do it with AQo, but I find the I end up playing it out of position and mess it up when I don't hit. I think I would lose less if I just fold it... at least when I'm in a the slump. Do I sacrifice a lot of EV folding AQo to a stealer?

[ QUOTE ]

3. calling in position is not always bad... esp after raised flops with hands like 88 on a Q 6 3 board

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? If I raise with 88 and then he bets into me on that flop, I'm guessing he has the Q most of the time no? And if I called his raise preflop with 88 and he leads into me and I call, what do I do when he fires a second bullet on the turn?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:42 PM

pm me
Closed Thread