Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: tough spots: easy folds or instacalls?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise to 3 or 3.5 with aces= perfectly standard= esp with limpers=== if you raise to 2 or 2.5 here you'll get a lot of hands and possibly more callers, you want to play heads up oop with pp in the blinds, not 3 or 4 way pots

[/ QUOTE ]

It was said; thus I responded.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 or 3.5, I took it, should be standard. (Actually, more than that should be standard).
Old 05-16-2007, 05:02 PM

I understand where your coming from in the second hand, about raising the turn but i hope you saw my logic. I was in position and had a feeling he had the ace. Whats wrong with letting another card drop and getting him to do the dirty work for me (assuming he had an ace or even KK, QQ, or JJ. By not raising at any point throughout the hand i appear weak and therefore give him the opportunity and motive to push or at least bet with worse hands. He had 4 outs, is giving him a free card that dangerous??
Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise to 3 or 3.5 with aces= perfectly standard= esp with limpers=== if you raise to 2 or 2.5 here you'll get a lot of hands and possibly more callers, you want to play heads up oop with pp in the blinds, not 3 or 4 way pots

[/ QUOTE ]

It was said; thus I responded.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 or 3.5, I took it, should be standard. (Actually, more than that should be standard).

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have misread his post (or you mine). I'm unsure hehe. I took it as a suggestion to manipulate your raises depending on whether or not you have aces. Wasn't a comment regarding the heated discussion taking place.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand where your coming from in the second hand, about raising the turn but i hope you saw my logic. I was in position and had a feeling he had the ace. Whats wrong with letting another card drop and getting him to do the dirty work for me (assuming he had an ace or even KK, QQ, or JJ. By not raising at any point throughout the hand i appear weak and therefore give him the opportunity and motive to push or at least bet with worse hands. He had 4 outs, is giving him a free card that dangerous??

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally not; but it's not about danger per say, it's about getting his money in the pot before either he can escape his hand or you can overthink yourself into a bad fold because of his aggression. Imagine if he didn't bet that river, would he call your all-in bet on the river with the flush draw and a paired board? He'd be beaten by so many hands if he had trips that he may make a smart fold; he's only calling with the flush and the FH(here I'm betting he's pushing the flush all the same). But if he was scared by that card, you lost the rest of his stack that you could have taken on the turn.

Here I'm more concerned with getting the most in the pot per street than I am about letting him catch up a bit. He seems like he's in love with his hand regardless of what comes though. Any chance you could PM me the hand? I had him on three hands pretty much from the start, Qs10s being more likely and Js10S next with A10 much less likely due to his strong betting when he should be "letting you catch up" and the simple low odds that he has it.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM

1. fold
2. push turn it is not close. He is basically calling with his entire range here and you are ahead 90%+. Slowplaying underboats is not that great.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had him on three hands pretty much from the start, Qs10s being more likely and Js10S next with A10 much less likely due to his strong betting when he should be "letting you catch up" and the simple low odds that he has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? It has to be AK and he got lucky and caught his 5-outer on the river. I do agree with the consensus that a push on the turn is ideal.

The first hand is a fold and I would expect that to be a set most of the time.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM

hand 1 maybe, but probably not to unknown for me.

hand 2 what the hell are you doing on the turn.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM

I would insta-call both, but that's just me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]