Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Does where you are from effect how people perceive you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Crazyhands,

Am I correct in guessing that you are not white? At any rate, just file this girl in the "bitch" file and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT; This has more to do with her thinking you're not wealthy and less to do with where you're actually from IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I just assumed that they were both not white and she was interested because she thought he wasn't from America, but not being rich makes sense too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me clear myself up a bit. I am Asian-Amercian, Indian to be specific. My parents came from India and I was born and raised here. I'm almost 100% sure she is in the same situation. The reason I had to mention that was because I thought I already had some 'points' to start with since I was from the same race as her. In addition, Indian parents are known for discouraging their children from dating non-Indian people, some of you probably already know that. But I could care less about who my parents would want me to date.

And yea, I have a feeling she could be thinking that...that all people from small towns are poor..even though thats not the case at all with me.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:02 PM

For what it's worth, I've met a ton of people from Nor Cal in school this year, and I'm from SoCal. I tend to think that about 80% of my acquaintances from NorCal are kind of weird people. They're nice people and all, but socially, they do awkward things and have some deviant aspect of their personalities.

Or maybe it's just us socal kids who are weird?

Regardless, whenever I meet someone who says they're from norcal, I subconsciously prepare myself for any oddities in regards to their personalities or whatnot. Having said that, I'd never completely ignore someone once I know where they're from though. That's just complete douchebaggery.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yea, I have a feeling she could be thinking that...that all people from small towns are poor..even though thats not the case at all with me.

[/ QUOTE ]lol
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 PM

I am awesome! That is all.