Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Why witch-hunting high profile online cheaters is a bad idea

[ QUOTE ]
As for the opponents of online gambling, I don't believe it gives them ammo, in fact, it just shows that these sites are doing the responsible thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are exposing 16 year olds who are gambling online. They are cheats to boot! nah...that wont give them any ammo...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the opponents of online gambling, I don't believe it gives them ammo, in fact, it just shows that these sites are doing the responsible thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are exposing 16 year olds who are gambling online. They are cheats to boot! nah...that wont give them any ammo...

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you'd rather the online sites just ignored it and/or covered it up?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, i dont recall saying that at all...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, i dont recall saying that at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, that's why I asked the question. Is this what you would prefer, to just sweep cheating under the rug and hope it never gets exposed publicly? Is this a better strategy to avoid giving legislators "ammo"?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:48 PM

Personally, I dont ever see online poker legal in the US. The crackdown is coming, the only question is how severe. Underage gamblers who cheat is just the type of story 60 minutes loves and gets the Soccer Moms clammering for action.

As for the sites, can we trust them to keep the games legit? So why would a ban of big buyin tournies do anything?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:52 PM

Today we are engaged in a final, all-out battle between ethical poker and cheating. The modern champions of cheating have selected this as the time. And, ladies and gentlemen, the chips are down -- they are truly down.

Lest there be any doubt that the time has been chosen, let us go directly to the leaders of cheating today -- ZeeJustin and his ilk. Here is what he said -- not back before online poker, not during the advent of online poker -- but two years after online poker took off: "To think that the online poker revolution can be carried out peacefully, within the framework of a fair game, means one has either gone out of one's mind and lost all normal understanding, or has grossly and openly repudiated the online poker revolution."

Ladies and gentlemen, can there be anyone here tonight who is so blind as to say that the war is not on? Can there be anyone who fails to realize that the cheats have said, "The time is now" -- that this is the time for the showdown between the honest poker players and the multi-account, greed-at-all-costs world? Unless we face this fact, we shall pay the price that must be paid by those who wait too long.

I have here in my hand a list of one hundred and thirty accounts that are known to be holders of multiple online poker accounts and who nevertheless are still allowed to play and win money.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:52 PM

I certainly am not going to boycott big tournies. If anything, they're probably safer than ever now that all this exposure has come out.

If there are Soccer Moms or whoever on the fence about online gaming, they may actually be reassured that sites are taking steps to keep their 16 year old sons away from it (and back to good old vices like drinking and drugs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).