Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

This program seems awesome!

I play at Crytologic, will support for this network be added?
Old 05-16-2007, 04:47 AM

Everest is not a supported site at this time. It's very likely the data you're getting is inaccurate, as PokerTracker often has errors and site specific storage schemes that I've spent a lot of time working around. Only the five listed on the download page (Party, Stars, UB, Full Tilt, iPoker) have been tested.

I don't have time to collect hand histories, so if you want a site supported someone will have to send thousands of them so I can run scripts to spot errors and verify results. I'd be grateful for the help.

BTW, the Euros you're seeing is an error caused by regional settings, they should be "$". That'll be fixed in the public beta. If you'd find it useful I can add a feature to enable graphing and display using local exchange rates if it's something you'd want.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: does this mean i'm down 25k in sklansky bucks at 10/20 in all-in situations or what? And what is the graph for c-bets supposed to look like? I'm down a lot in that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sklansky calcs are run on every showdown hand, not just all ins. If you want all ins only, just click "all in before river" to see only those hands.

The graph for C-bets can look very different on how you play. You'd have to compare it to other players at your level and different strategies to get a feel for how well your strategy is working. But if you're losing a lot of money when C-betting, and not running bad, maybe you've found a leak? You can further refine the filters to find out where.

Another example of how to use the filters is in this picture from an old version where I found that river calls in medium sized pots were costing me a lot of money. It was kind of a surprise at the time as I thought I was playing rivers well:

Play around with this stuff and you'll spot some interesting trends, especially in games like Omaha or NL holdem.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:53 AM

So you'd need a few thousand hands from everest, the hands that everest stores in the hand history folder? (I ask that because when you view the hands in PT then they are in different format so maybe there's two versions to send? I'm noob [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 05-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Now I'm going to have to play at party because I want to play with the pretty stats [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 06:18 AM

awesome, but we need sng support since sng are such an all in fest it would be cool to see how we should have run, chipEv wise anyway.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:23 AM

Wow this looks awesome
Old 05-16-2007, 06:24 AM

DonkB,

Send the ones from the Everest hand history folder. I can use as many as you can send up to about 5000. Just attach the hand history files to an email, and I'll try to get support into the beta.

PLOlover,
[ QUOTE ]
awesome, but we need sng support since sng are such an all in fest it would be cool to see how we should have run, chipEv wise anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's next on list. It's won't take long to do as the framework is all there, just a matter of finding the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 06:33 AM

So the better players will have all 3 lines pretty much the same? My red and blue line go 3 times higher then my green line. Does this mean I am running bad or playing bad?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 AM

Also, if you're a winning player and filter for river calls, shouldn't you be up in that graph, regardless of the other filters?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:10 AM

Congrats to Phil on a really amazing job with this. Quite staggering actually.

As others have said, when the full version is up, it would be great if you'd start a new thread with a Dummy's guide to the best ways to use the programme. I really think the full version would more than warrent a brand new shiny thread.