Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Aussie Millions Thread

[ QUOTE ]
and you were the one blindly kissing gobbos large behind

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I'm confused. You're quoting yourself in this post here. Who exactly is kissing Jimmy's behind? Just trying to sort things out here.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:11 AM

I assume he was talking to me, even though I haven't said one thing about Fricke, positive or negative, or his play in this entire thread.

You got me good again, cutter.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Cutter is right. You people need to stop with the outs, hand ranges, and math crap and start looking at some souls for a change.

Most of you internet guys dont understand that things like betting patterns, chips stacks, blind/ante size, pot odds, etc. are practically irrelevant when you've got a living breathing human being sitting across from you who you can stare deeply at for uncomfortably long periods of time.

This is why internet players never win live events.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cutter is right. You people need to stop with the outs, hand ranges, and math crap and start looking at some souls for a change.

Most of you internet guys dont understand that things like betting patterns, chips stacks, blind/ante size, pot odds, etc. are practically irrelevant when you've got a living breathing human being sitting across from you who you can stare deeply at for uncomfortably long periods of time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

I know we'll see in a few days, but: did Gobbo ever say what he had in that hand HU where Gus raised pf, Gobbo called and cr'ed an A-high flop? Gus thought, and folded what he later said was QQ, and I am more than a bit curious about our man Jimmy's cards on that one. Not for any strategic value; it just has the potential to be funny.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 PM

Jimmy "gobboboy" Fricke made me laugh when he said "i am a nerd"...should be his new undertitle

Self proclaimed nerd
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

I know we'll see in a few days, but: did Gobbo ever say what he had in that hand HU where Gus raised pf, Gobbo called and cr'ed an A-high flop? Gus thought, and folded what he later said was QQ, and I am more than a bit curious about our man Jimmy's cards on that one. Not for any strategic value; it just has the potential to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had A9o. I played the hand badly, I admit I was tilted at the time. He called every other push I made at the final table. Every other one. Sigh.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I like a lot of things about Gus' game but I think a lot of the stuff he does can't be defended by math, but it works because he's aggressive and usually has a lot of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I never understood that, supposedly he takes all these notes and goes home and does analysis and figures out strategy etc. but then he makes some really bad plays that are definitely -EV. He seems to do pretty well with a big stack just because being loose aggressive with a big stack is so +$EV, but when he's sort of short he risks his stack way too much in ways that seem to show no understanding of the nonlinear $ value of chips. Maybe he's got his own "block" theory [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (of course he looks brilliant in this tournament because he's running hot)

It's obvious the producers wanted to tell the story of "gobbo the suckout kid" and did that. Anybody who knows poker knows you need a ton of luck to go deep in a tournament; whether that luck is getting spots where you're ahead, or playing well but having to suck out, it's all luck+skill.

ps. y'all need to learn to use the "ignore" feature. I only see like half the posts in this thread and it's way way better that way.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ps. y'all need to learn to use the "ignore" feature. I only see like half the posts in this thread and it's way way better that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

McCutter has the honour of being my third ever ignored user!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Are you leveling? I must admit I am pretty easy to level on these forums.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Are you leveling? I must admit I am pretty easy to level on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally.