Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: too weird or too good?

I just want to say that I know this hand is posted and I'm pretty sure I read it before anyone replied, but I don't have the words to explain how much I don't like anything that happened in this hand.

Also, I'm still trying to think of an excuse for why I can't come to your thing on Saturday, but unless I don't get my ear problem fixed I am pretty sure there is basically nothing stopping me as long as it's cool if I leave after a couple hours to go to Ocean's.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 AM

although i dont like preflop i dont see how the flop fold is as horrible as everyone is making it out.

we are practically dead or dead to AA,KK,QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ and not THAT far in front of AK. thats the majority of his range. its not that we are just behind but sooooo far behind these hands (except AK).

what do you guys want to see on the turn? a heart? so we are calling an all paint paired board hoping for runners?

this doesnt even take into account the fact that 2 others are still in the hand. IMO you are dominated by UTG alot of the time and with two unknowns still in the hand Q10 is drawing EXTREMELY thin...
Old 05-16-2007, 02:19 AM

Okay, but what compelled us to call preflop if the majority of his range has us eviscerated? I really agree with what you're saying, but the only way I can rationalize the way this hand played out is to think to yourself "okay, I made a mistake preflop, time to cut the losses before I do something even worse" because there is no magical read in the world that can make me fold top pair to a completely expected continuation bet and then a a call by some baboon.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, but what compelled us to call preflop if the majority of his range has us eviscerated?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that we are in the worst possible spot here preflop, being the 2nd coldcaller. i'd either want to be the only coldcaller, or the 5th, so i can (a) steal a small pot from ONE guy, or (b) win a huge pot from lotsa guys.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, but what compelled us to call preflop if the majority of his range has us eviscerated? I really agree with what you're saying, but the only way I can rationalize the way this hand played out is to think to yourself "okay, I made a mistake preflop, time to cut the losses before I do something even worse" because there is no magical read in the world that can make me fold top pair to a completely expected continuation bet and then a a call by some baboon.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didnt love the call pre flop. but top pair on this board is not good at all. this is by no means a good flop for us. the paired JJ ruins our hand. we cant even realistically draw out now..

even if we are up against AA preflop we have just about the same equity as we do after the flop against the majority of his range (what i think his range is anyway). i dont like the call preflop but i almost dislike continuing with the hand even more...

if we call we want to see a Q? at best a 2 outer. the K or 9 of hearts? this is just such a spewy spot. IMO, we are not infront and the turn will almost certainly not help
Old 05-16-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if their hand ranges are so narrow on this flop that you must fold then you should never ever call pf. you simply cant have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who think this way will never be good live players.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if their hand ranges are so narrow on this flop that you must fold then you should never ever call pf. you simply cant have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who think this way will never be good live players.

[/ QUOTE ]
where is the inconsistency?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 AM

its been a while since i played 20/40, but dont people regularly peel the flop with like absolutely no shot in that game?

also, people seriously fold this preflop?

guess its been a while since i played full ring too, or played it well anyway
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its been a while since i played 20/40, but dont people regularly peel the flop with like absolutely no shot in that game?

guess its been a while since i played full ring too, or played it well anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Heres the hands I play in this spot preflop.

TT-AA,AKo,AKs,AQs,AJs,KQs. I would usually 3bet with TTs-AA's,AKo,AKs, and coldcall with AQs,AJs,KQs.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really loose and I would fold this without hesitation unless the description of the first person changed from "unknown" to "retard who's been way out of line".