Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Called Chase to get my credit limit raised...

[ QUOTE ]
Your limit is $3K and you've never charged more than $470 in a month. Now all of a sudden you want $10K? Of course it's risky to them - you want a credit limit 20x higher than you've ever charged in one month.

Go charge $3,000 and pay it all off and call them the next month and they'll change their mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh not true. I pay off about 5k a month and never been late or missed a payment and they wont raise my limit above 5k. I have 7k credit between two cards. Even more humorous is that I had a pre-approval for home mortgage that got canceled yesterday (too high of a standing balance which is such a joke because my balance is always zero by the end of a billing cycle). I guess the joke is on them because I make more in a year then they approved me for a home loan.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:57 PM

CHAx,

Maybe your score sucks. Maybe they have your income on file as being very low. Maybe you have a short credit history. Maybe Chase sucks balls.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the joke is on them because I make more in a year then they approved me for a home loan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprisingly standard. A friend of mine worked at a bank in a very wealthy area. He would frequently tell stories of doctors, lawyers, and other people with very high incomes but such terrible credit histories and financial situations that they couldn't get loans anywhere near their income.

These fucktards generally either couldn't be bothered to pay on time or more commonly were running a negative savings rate, even at their salaries.

Not saying that you are one of them, just that what you describe is not the joke you seem to think.

J
Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the joke is on them because I make more in a year then they approved me for a home loan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprisingly standard. A friend of mine worked at a bank in a very wealthy area. He would frequently tell stories of doctors, lawyers, and other people with very high incomes but such terrible credit histories and financial situations that they couldn't get loans anywhere near their income.

These fucktards generally either couldn't be bothered to pay on time or more commonly were running a negative savings rate, even at their salaries.

Not saying that you are one of them, just that what you describe is not the joke you seem to think.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they lived beyond their means eventhough they had high incomes.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM

That would be what he said in his 2nd paragraph.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:24 PM

...it's Friday & I can't read today... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Heh not true. I pay off about 5k a month and never been late or missed a payment and they wont raise my limit above 5k. I have 7k credit between two cards. Even more humorous is that I had a pre-approval for home mortgage that got canceled yesterday (too high of a standing balance which is such a joke because my balance is always zero by the end of a billing cycle). I guess the joke is on them because I make more in a year then they approved me for a home loan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you checked your credit report? Credit cards only report once a month. So if the timing is off, and they're reporting before you pay off your card, your report could reflect that you're maxed out.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 PM

Got my overall credit limit bumped up $2500 today by signing up for a Kohl's charge card. That was easy.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Did you just try calling and attempting to cancel the card? And when they use the standard "why", you mention the needed credit limit increase. Course they could call your bluff say "no" and then start the termination process.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to go from $3400 to around $8,000, so there are no problems associated with furnishing my new apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why exactly are you financing the purchase of furniture? And paying crazy-high credit card interest rates on the purchase, which BTW, will be worth next to nothing in two years?

Here's a really nutty idea - Get some serviceable furniture at thrift stores and/or garage sales to hold you for a while, then SAVE UP for your nice furniture set. Make the interest rates work for you instead of against you.

I know it's not the American way, but what the heck - be a rebel.