Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Default NL50 TT in 3 bet pot. Bad flop but villians bet is so weak...

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.75
Hero: $81.25
Button: $131.50
SB: $86.50
BB: $30.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $63</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $45 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $46.5

Villian had solid stats 20/15/2. If he would have bet $7+ on the flop it would have been an auto muck. It looked like a scarred JJ-QQ to me. I decided to raise it up and try to steal the pot. Is this a spew? If I wanted to take the pot away, would have it been better to float him and take it away on the turn. What's the best play here(include folding the flop)?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: NL50 TT in 3 bet pot. Bad flop but villians bet is so weak...

I don't care, I auto-fold here on the flop and wait for a better spot to commit my money. I don't really like floating here given villain's solid stats. He COULD have QQ or JJ, but this could also easily be a set of kings, a set of aces, or top 2. Fold.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care, I auto-fold here on the flop and wait for a better spot to commit my money. I don't really like floating here given villain's solid stats. He COULD have QQ or JJ, but this could also easily be a set of kings, a set of aces, or top 2. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically sums it up
Old 05-15-2007, 07:37 PM

you played this okay...though i might wait for a better flop to do this with. villan WILL fold QQ/JJ sometimes Kx so you definitely fold out better hands. but yeah i agree with the bet sizing reasoning you had. I think that raising his flop raise is an okay move sometimes but this isnt really the best flop to do so on.