Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Adjusting to microlimits from slightly bigger games

I very recently started playing microlimits to rebuild my bankroll. I haven't worked in a while, am about to head to graduate school, and I used my roll to pay for some stuff the last few months. I'm currently working on rebuilding the roll by playing .25/.50 6 max online. I'm hoping to move up levels once I get 500 bets. My roll at the moment is 620 bets.

I am used to 6 max games. I used to play anywhere from 2/4-5/10 before. I'm pretty experienced, not a novice, but by no means an expert. This is the first time I've played this low. You see some really incredible things at this limit, much of which I'm sure I'll end up discussing but I actually have a focus right now.

I have noticed that there are quite a few aggressive players at these games w/ AF that I think are off the charts. Here is a hand as an example:

Co was reasonable and I thought I could get him to fold.
Btn is a 29/20/4.27. By street his AF is 4.16/5.21/3.38.

Limit: $0.25/$0.5
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.4SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.2BB, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 9.2BB

What can he possibly raise that flop that he is folding to a single bet on the turn? And how can I better deal with this? This is a tough example I know because it is three handed. I know high AF's indicate too much folding sometimes, the guy in question WtSD 32% of the time, so not terrifically low.

I've seen multiple players w/ AF's over 3 and 4 on multiple streets and I'm just having a tough time dealing with them. Its not that I'm not used to aggressive play, because I am. The other thing I have notice is the donk bet is quite popular.

Sorry if I'm just steeming. I played 500 hands, won 40 bets, played another 800 hands, gave back the profit and another 60 bets.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to microlimits from slightly bigger games

preflop is very marginal. with the rake at this limit you should probably just not play it. 3-betting or capping is the decision if you want to play it, and it's probably really close just because CO might fold two overs.

postflop just c/f flop.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to microlimits from slightly bigger games

Trying to get even reasonable players to fold is usually an uphill battle. When were you trying to fold CO? Preflop? On that flop? Even reasonable players seldom will raise preflop and then fold. Once he called, you're absolutely crippled against his range, and there isn't enough you want to fold that he'll oblige you with.