Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: NL200 - JTs - Time For a Hero Call?

quote:
Villain would have to be insane to not raise a set on the flop or a straight on the turn IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-15-2007, 01:56 AM

I ran a Pokerstove simulation and against a hand range of 66-TT, AhKh,AhQh,KhQh,QJ,Q9s,AhJh,AT,KTs,J9s you are 78/22 dog. And this is pretty much all the hands he could have and you are only getting 2.4 to 1 to call. And this is assuming a lot of busted flushes are bluffing you.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well like I said the most likely cold calling hand against a EP open raise for a decent player is a med pocket. He could have called with a set on the flop or either 99 or 77 since each have a gutshot. And those hands improved to a boat and a str8 by river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain would have to be insane to not raise a set on the flop or a straight on the turn IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't he be a typical sneaky, trappy, awful, slowplayer? I see it all the time. My point is just that you can't just dismiss these hands from his range. You only have 30 hands on him. I see people all the time that won't raise a set. Remember you raised in EP so he thinks you have AK, AA-TT so he shouldn't be that afraid of knocking out str8 draws. And he could just call with 77 on the turn fearing TT and knowing he is way ahead of all but that and JJ. He might be waiting to see if he can boat up with a set on the coordinated board. He also might not raise a set because he fears the 4str8 and he thinks you could be some maniac with a 7. But once the board pairs he's free to value bet.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check raise all in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not so bad if he's a habitual floater. But we don't really know that yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets find out

check the turn, if villain checks behind then check call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if we just check/call the turn? Than we could be getting the best of both worlds!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well like I said the most likely cold calling hand against a EP open raise for a decent player is a med pocket. He could have called with a set on the flop or either 99 or 77 since each have a gutshot. And those hands improved to a boat and a str8 by river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't he be a typical sneaky, trappy, awful, slowplayer? I see it all the time. My point is just that you can't just dismiss these hands from his range. You only have 30 hands on him. I see people all the time that won't raise a set. Remember you raised in EP so he thinks you have AK, AA-TT so he shouldn't be that afraid of knocking out str8 draws. And he could just call with 77 on the turn fearing TT and knowing he is way ahead of all but that and JJ. He might be waiting to see if he can boat up with a set on the coordinated board. He also might not raise a set because he fears the 4str8 and he thinks you could be some maniac with a 7. But once the board pairs he's free to value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, fine. so check the turn and villain checks his str8 or set and check call the river. villain is an unknown and i dont give unknowns credit for a hand. i check call the river to see his hand and see how he plays his hand and what he's capable of.

and because he's an unknown, i'll also introduce him to my best friend called "check raise all in" on the turn. either way, i am going to play the hero's hand the best way possible and see the villains hand or take that pot on the turn.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not so bad if he's a habitual floater. But we don't really know that yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

um...villain doesn't have a full stack. i hope you're saying c/r all in on the turn, and not the river, because on the river he's definitely priced in with whatever he has.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um...villain doesn't have a full stack. i hope you're saying c/r all in on the turn, and not the river, because on the river he's definitely priced in with whatever he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, c/r all in on turn
Old 05-15-2007, 03:55 PM

I really think you are beat, there is nothing that he would have that you could be ahead of unless he has a busted draw. I would have checked the turn, your bet doesnt really do anything but build the pot for the draw and by checking you can really find out where you are at. That river bet looks strong, would either say he is trying to milk you, in a really really bad way, or he has a busted draw. With no reads im out like a bonner in sweet pants.