Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: 100NL am I losing here?

[ QUOTE ]
paulcuoto i also think the push is misdirected. And when i see ppl making smallish river bets after a checkraise, its usually because they're hungry for value.

zman: sure villian will call your bets w/ a 7 or whatever. But c/r the turn isn't standard with such a bluff-catching hand. And to me, donking the river looks really strong. I would say call, but I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with you. I was just disagreeing with Jeff's advice - "playing Ax with weak kicker as a bluff catcher." I especially disagree with it given my PF raising range and villain's consequent PF calling range.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:26 PM

the reason nobody puts much thought into your image is because you only have 30 hands at that table. Unless you have more hands on an opponent, I treat 30 hands as practically readless.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason nobody puts much thought into your image is because you only have 30 hands at that table. Unless you have more hands on an opponent, I treat 30 hands as practically readless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if I've raised his blinds every orbit from CO, BTN, and once also from Hijack?

Yes, stats over 30 hands mean nothing. But like I mentioned, players had been calling my raises more - 3 to 4 people per raise. And I had stolen this guys blinds like 6 times in the past 3 orbits.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff, did you read my comments about my image? You don't think given that, villain will call bets with PPs or a 7?

[/ QUOTE ]I think, given your image, that villain value bets PPs into you on the turn 100% of the time when you check behind on the flop. I'm going to guess that he bets with air a non-0 amount of time when he doesn't have a pocket pair. I also think villain will often check/call on the river or stab at it with a pp if you call the turn. Two bets seems to be about right for this hand- if you are getting money in the pot on all three streets, I have to start wondering if you are outkicked or worse. We are not seeking to win a big pot here.

Or that's my take. I've been known to be wrong before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 03:30 PM

grunch It looks to me like to only none air hand you are beating got there on the river. I think I fold turn.