Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki, NBA MVP?

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm going to have to disagree with KC, though it pains me to do so

[/ QUOTE ]

awww.. how cute. You're probably right, btw.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 PM

lol don't get all gay on me, k thx.

Sheed for MVP.

-Al
Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM

one point about the Clips comparison, though... one team has Mike Dunleavy, the other doesn't. Just sayin'.

I'm just wondering what it's going to take for Kobe to thrive and get deep in the playoffs. The team is woeful, and he didn't help by forcing out Shaq getting $0.50 in return. The Caron Butler trade sucked, too. They're in rough shape. Even if they pull of a miracle and snag KG, I think that alone could get them to the WCF, but it'd be tough. The rest of the guys still blow.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, if you swap out Nash for Kobe on the Lakers this year, I don't think that team gets better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see why this is not a very good argument at all?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Nash is a true 1 and Kobe is a 2 that plays like a 1?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM

If Nash was on the Lakers, then Smush would never play. I think that's worth 30 wins.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Nash was on the Lakers, then Smush would never play. I think that's worth 30 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, so true.

But seriously, Kobe wasn't being a ridiculous ball hog until everyone got hurt. Do you guys forget that they lost 7 in a row or something and then he had to go off for 40+ for them to win? Just look at his splits for each month and especially after the all-star break.

I'll admit he's not very good at switching up his game though. It seems hard for him to turn his scoring mode off when he needs to.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 PM

Keep in mind that the season before Nash arrived, Amare missed 27 games and played the majority of the games he was healthy with nobody in particular at point guard. Is it any wonder that when he was healthy, turned 22, and was playing with an actual point guard he was very good?

Shawn Marion hasn't gotten any better under Nash. Barbosa didn't start getting better until the 2nd year Nash was there (probably a result of aging rather than Steve Nash), Q-Rich and T. Thomas weren't any different than what they'd done in the past.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMFT

Aloysius: Yes thank you.

Edge: Come on bro. The Lakers need Kobe AND another PG to be great. I do not believe in Farmar, especially after seeing him for three whole years here at UCLA. Even worse, it makes me doubt Farmar even more. I really think they should have gone out and grab J-Kidd (No, Acie Law, Conley, or Tucker won't help the Lakers). We need to win Kobe his fourth championship, and we need to do it before he gets beyond his prime (I assume he has a good 5 years left). Bynum needs at least 3 more seasons to be dominant, and I don't think anyone knows for sure if he's going to turn out well. Lamar, like someone else had said earlier in the thread, cannot live up to what he seems capable of when people first saw him. Luke is a viable 4th or even 5th option, but please don't list him as one of the threats. The other guys (Sasha, Kwame, Mihm, Smush, Farmar) we can dump at the street and i think that would make the Lakers better. Maurice Evans is the only person that looks promising in the group (Shamon is giving me mixed emotions: he has such a cool name).
Old 05-12-2007, 02:58 PM

kobe is much better than nash.

about 80% of the nba would have a starting spot on the lakers.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the best player.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU WHERE WOULD THE LAKERS BE WITHOUT KOBE? INSERT NASH INTO THIS P.O.S ROSTER AND SEE IF YOU WIN 42 GAMES

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably will still have a chance because Nash passes the ball once in a while...

FWIW - Kobe Bryant made 813 of 1757 shots this year. 1757. The second highest FG attempt total was with LeBron at 772 out of 1621. Nobody else is even close to those numbers. Bron shot about 48%, Kobe shot about 46%. 2430 points for Kobe, 2132 for LeBron.

Nash shot 517 for 971, 1412 points. He also averaged about 5 minutes less per game than either of the other two. Still, Kobe took twice as many shots as Nash. A guy as good as Kobe is going to make his share. If Nash kept with his pace of just over 53% shooting, he'd destroy Kobe. Nash also had 884 assists in those 35 minutes per game.

Kobe's great, but he's also selfish. All you have to do is look at how their teams did around them. Kobe isn't worried about making those other guys better, its all about him. Nash will play for the name on the front of his jersey, not the name on the back. If Kobe could ever coexist with another star, or even tolerate him like he did with Shaq, he'd win another ring or six. As it looks now, that's kinda doubtful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

As a huge Laker fan, I hate Kobe Bryant. He needs to go.