Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Should I get a new driver?

This question is directed towards people who have used the most recent drivers on the market.

A little bit about myself: Pretty decent golfer most of the time, play to about a 5, hit it out there a decent way.

I use a Nike Ignite (from 2003 or so) driver currently and hit it quite well when I put a good swing on it. Question is this: Should I bother spending 300+ bucks on a new driver such as the Titleist D2 or or Nike Sasquash? I don't really know if I am going to pick up that much yardage. Can some people who have switched to newer drivers give adivse?

Also, I do realize that this site is dedicated to poker mainly, so are there any big golf forums?; I know the golf channel had a pretty decent one.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Should I get a new driver?

you are claiming to be a 5 handicap yet can't go demo a driver?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:01 PM

I have the Taylormade R580 and love it...give Taylormade a try at a local golf shop and see what you think
Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are claiming to be a 5 handicap yet can't go demo a driver?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people constantly desire to critize people. lol. Hilarious. This is why I don't like forums.

I actually demoed the Titleist D2, but on a driving range not on the course. Thus I can't determine how it performs in relation to my own driver as far as forgivness, distance, etc is concerned.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 AM

well on internet forums people greatly exaggerate their ability, a lot. If you really are a 5handicapper, great. It's odd to hear someone who claims to be a very good to ask a question worded like that.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM

I really just wanted peoples opinions who have made the switch from an older driver to a just-released driver to see if its worth the money.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:03 PM

The Ignite really isn't that good of a driver compared to what's out there today.

I would certainly recommend upgrading to something newer.

I believe the price of the Sasquatch just dropped to $199.99 if that's the club you're looking at.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well on internet forums people greatly exaggerate their ability, a lot. If you really are a 5handicapper, great. It's odd to hear someone who claims to be a very good to ask a question worded like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
So what. STFU
Old 05-16-2007, 12:27 AM

It honestly depends on what you are looking for the club to do. If you are a 5 handicap and you are having a problem with your driver you may want one with more forgiveness. That being said, depending on your price range I would suggest the Ping G2 or G5, or the Callaway Fusion FT-3,5,I. They can be fairly expensive, but they are extremely forgiving clubs. Also on a side note, the Ping G2 is the least expensive in the group. I have always been a Callaway man, and while I am no 5 handicap I hit the FT-3 very well and I think that it is a very solid club.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It honestly depends on what you are looking for the club to do. If you are a 5 handicap and you are having a problem with your driver you may want one with more forgiveness. That being said, depending on your price range I would suggest the Ping G2 or G5, or the Callaway Fusion FT-3,5,I. They can be fairly expensive, but they are extremely forgiving clubs. Also on a side note, the Ping G2 is the least expensive in the group. I have always been a Callaway man, and while I am no 5 handicap I hit the FT-3 very well and I think that it is a very solid club.

[/ QUOTE ]Got the FT3 last year, added 30 yds to my drives over my old Fatshaft. NEver liked Callaway before, but this is a beast.