Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Anyone play Eve-Online? [MMO]

Madtown,

Curse you, Eve is a wonderfully addictive sci-fi game. I've been able to avoid the MMO RPG phenomenom until now. If you find another game as addictive, please don't post it on 2+2, I need the sleep.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Question

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have a link to a guide or website on where the good mining is at(besides 0.0 space)? I've been to a lot of systems and can't find anything besides Veldspar. I hoping to find Kernite or Plagioclase(or another higher value ore). Also, what is the 2+2 chat channel? I tried looking for it and had no luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best ore in Empire space atm is scordite. And it should be in every belt I believe, unless its been mined out where you are looking in which case it will respawn a couple times a week. Do you have scordite turned off in your overview settings? This happened to me because I believe the tutorial only had you set it for veldspar. Check that you have all the ores you are interested in checked, or right click some of the smaller sized roids in the belt and show info to see what they are. Keep in mind you can not go by the ore price alone as what is most worthwhile to mine. You also need to factor in the volume per unit for the ore. You can mine more units of veld and scordite per minute than some of the "higher end" ores.

Here are a couple linkys for ya

Ore finder: http://www.fluidorbit.co.uk/
Ore calculator: http://www.evegeek.com/orecalc.php

And if you are going to make a career out of mining you want to read this: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/H....0.1halada.pdf

Channel is "twoplustwo". Stop by and say hello to Madtown, Stabn, and their merry band of alts.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Madtown,

Curse you, Eve is a wonderfully addictive sci-fi game. I've been able to avoid the MMO RPG phenomenom until now. If you find another game as addictive, please don't post it on 2+2, I need the sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling. Must resist the urge to play Eve all night and work on that new Stars bonus for a week while its still double FFP's
Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM

Chigger,

Thank you for the info. It will save me a lot of time. Also, I guess I still have a lot to learn about this game.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 PM

started to play this game, pretty good but it can get boring at times for me. right now i do missions and salvage the wrecks.

skilling up for cruisers, have the isk but not the skills yet.

can someone explain to me the PvE rules?

Can you attack anyone regardless of security standing in .4 and lower space without penalty (Concord showing up).
To do a bounty do you have to POD kill them or just blow them up in a ship?

Also, all the public contracts that have a reward of 100,000 isk, but 20+ mil isk collateral are set-ups right?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone explain to me the PvE rules?

Can you attack anyone regardless of security standing in .4 and lower space without penalty (Concord showing up).
To do a bounty do you have to POD kill them or just blow them up in a ship?

Also, all the public contracts that have a reward of 100,000 isk, but 20+ mil isk collateral are set-ups right?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can attack people in low-sec without getting blow up by Concord in 0.4 and down. But there are sentry guns at gates and stations in low-sec and these will fire on aggressors. So you need to be able to tank that. Or attack people in belts where there aren't sentry guns.

Yes, you need to pod someone to claim the bounty on them.

I haven't run courier missions for people so I can't say whether they're a setup. If I had something worth 20 mil I wanted moved a couple of jumps in high sec I might set the reward at 100000 and the collateral at 20 mil. But it might be a setup. Especially if you have to go into low-sec.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:11 PM

More CCP corruption drama:

http://goonfleet.com/open_letter_to_CCP.html

Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Mezkit - thanks but if you change your mind about quitting

Mezkit, thanks for the donation of ISK, but I will not spend it for a few weeks in case you change your mind. If you really do want to quit for good would you consider transferring me your toon? A skilled alt would come in handy.

Sorry about the ganking, would love like to see you back in the twoplustwo channel again someday.

B.O.B. must die!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:11 AM

Anyone still playing this?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 AM

kind of, just skilling up right now. its a really fun game.