Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: NBS HU Finals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what was worse, Brown's value check of the absolute nuts on the river to close the action, or Gazes' comments afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coincidentally, Gazes' comments afterwards make Brown's check the worse of the two because he could've just pushed and gotten insta-called by 9-hi before she got back from space.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to blame Brown for this, though. You've gotta think any pro wouldn't call a bet from him then without an ace, so he was just being courteous.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: NBS HU Finals

I think its easy to blame a guy for checking the nuts in position HU. There is just no reason not to at least take a shot and hope your opponent has a brain fart. In this case he probably cost himself a double-up.

Its similiar to a broadway straight on board (no flush possible) in a Hold Em tournament. If its checked to you you should go all-in, despite the fact that any opponents you have are forced to insta call. If you catch 1 guy sleeping in a thousand then you're missing value by assuming everyone knows to call and checking to "save time" or whatever his justification was.