Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Should i quit work?

Im in school not for the summer though. The job i have is this gay telemarketing thing in the chicgo suburbs. The ride to work is a rough 20 to 30 minutes thats M-F. from 3:30 to 6:30. And i get a big $8 an hour. But Saturdays i put in 8 hrs. Most people working there are scumbags str8 out of highschool and they all do drugs. Its only good if ur a manager cuz they make over 100k a year. I dont show to work at least 3 days of the 5 weekdays. They never really yell at me but im sure they will begin to. Today i went to the to the track.

Well i pretty much cashout at least 1k a week. And the way it seems working is retarded cuz the ride is gay. I waste big $$$ on gas. So would u quit that job or not?

If i quit i have to make it look as if im working so my mom doesnt bitch at me. So i would be out of the house for 3 hours. During that time i would chill with friends or go to the raceTrack or a baseball game.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Should i quit work?

quit your [censored] job
tell mom to get off your back
grind out some money
Old 05-14-2007, 08:00 PM

I have a similar problem. I'm a SSNL grinder that is going to college. I live at home with my parents and don't tell them about teh poker. My dad is really bugging me to get this 40-60 hour a week job at a party rental place that my uncle's brother in law owns. It pays $8/hr. I don't know what to do because I really don't want to tell the parents about poker and don't want to take this job. If I don't try and get the job my dad will think I'm a lazy ass that doesn't want to make any money. The thing is, I won't be able to make up a story that they won't want to hire me since it is my uncle's brother in law.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a similar problem. I'm a SSNL grinder that is going to college. I live at home with my parents and don't tell them about teh poker. My dad is really bugging me to get this 40-60 hour a week job at a party rental place that my uncle's brother in law owns. It pays $8/hr. I don't know what to do because I really don't want to tell the parents about poker and don't want to take this job. If I don't try and get the job my dad will think I'm a lazy ass that doesn't want to make any money. The thing is, I won't be able to make up a story that they won't want to hire me since it is my uncle's brother in law.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg tell ur parents it's not that big of a deal
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM

Quit job and become an author. Your writing skills are too good to go to waste
Old 05-14-2007, 08:10 PM

Quit and find another job. Telemarketers are the cause of global warming, mass murderers, and crabs
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and crabs

[/ QUOTE ]

you fornicate with your telephone?

standard
Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg tell ur parents it's not that big of a deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. If youre a winning player show them a huge samplesize graph and explain it.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Should i quit work? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM

is your job in Downers Grove by any chance?