Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Another Idea To Show That Poker Is \"Less Than 50% Luck\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about asking someone to read TOP, cover to cover, and then state if they think it is a game of luck or not.

While this wouldn't answer the "how much" luck is involved question it would be a solid start.

Maybe David could send Autographed copies of TOP to our elected officials. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea. If someone can compile names and addresses and work out the right strategy as far as an accompanying letter and the best way to get it to them, I'll provide the books and the signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

David,

I found address lists for the House and Senate.

As far as a strategy, I'm not sure about that. The directories I found are for the reps DC office. Not sure if thats the best place to send them or not.

I'll research the process later in the week when I have more time, busy with finals this week.

Anybody done anything like this before or know if there are any obvious legal issues here?

I'd say the letter should say what is enclosed, include a short bio, and ask them to spend some time with the book. Maybe a excerpt on the letter? reference the UIGEA?

House, different formats on upper right

Senate